Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new in this forum so please be understanding if I have some "stupid" questions.
I am driving 156 2.0 TS Selespeed (2000). I am living in Latvia and at the moment here is real cold winter. When this weather started, there is also problems started with my alfa.

So when temperature is below aprox. - 10C, I can not engage 1st gear. I can engage R without problems, but when trying to engage 1st - gearbox goes to N.
After 10- 20 min, when car gets warm - I can engage 1 (or sometimes it switches to 2nd) and no problem afterwards (only sometimes when stopping at traffic lights, gearbox does not goes to 1st, but stays in 2nd). Is this could be sign that gearbox oil must be changed? Or clutch problems?

Anyway, I ordered diagnostic cable and purchased Alfadiag software and here goes next question - where is located ECU/ Selespeed ECU diagnostic port? I tried google for hours but could not find straight answer for this question.
I have found that ECU is under panel under wheel. But what about SElespeed?
I want to read selespeed errors and performe clutch calibration/ selespeed calibration.

Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Hi,

You plug the cable into the same port as for engine ECU diagnostics. It's behind the fusebox cover.

Then select the Selespeed ECU from the list of ECUs in AlfaDiag.

Cheers,

Iain

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
check out youtube.com rarebear14 for a demo movie on my own Selespeed 156 you can clearly see
the connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts