Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's me and my '00 156 SW 2.0 TS Sele from cold Moscow.

Apart from Putin elections we had here, there's another hell going on.

Since I bought the car (2,5 yrs), she would do a strange knocking/tapping/clunking when standing still with the 1st gear engaged. Thus, it occurs at traffic lights, but not every time. Yet I hadn't find any regularity, it can just behave itself this way on any given stop at any given moment.

The clank itself is rather heavy and repetitive at a rate of 2-3 per second. The sound is like a gear wanting to be engaged, and the car shakes a bit, but if I depress the brake, it won't tend to move forward. Even more, if I push the gas a bit to move the car a few inches, it moves forward smoothly as usual without any jumping, and after disengaging the clutch again, this sound goes away.

If I swith sele to N, sound disappears too.

What the hell could it be? I already repaired sele, replaced the clutch solenoid, recalibrated, repaired and calibrated the push rod etc. I used FiatECUScan to monitor faults and sele fluid pressure, and nothing is out of the margin. I suspect thus that the fault lies within clutch or 1st gear mechanically, but then why the heck it's not regular...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's 5-10 degrees subzero, depending on time of the day. I changed the oil when I repaired sele last summer, but it did nothing to solve this particular problem...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We changed one of dead sensors (position one), now it's better, but the gear still knocks when waiing for the traffic light. Move 1 meter front = knock gone. Switch to 2nd = no knock. Disengage into N = no knock.
Could it be the actuator valve trying to engage 1st?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, gonna check it if it ever erpeats (currently it doesn't, but instead the whole sele went mad )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts