1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 147 Selespeed
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
147 Owner's Manual:

Font Parallel Design Art Circle

A little misleading, ya? This section's entitled "Selespeed Gearbox Oil", followed by "The Selespeed transmission oil..." but this ain't the 75W-85 oil that goes in the transmission that we're talking about here, it's the gearbox hydraulic control oil, the DT ATF stuff, right?

Anyways,
What's the point of disconnecting the breather tube? How would not removing it affect the reading?

·
Registered
2005 147 Selespeed
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, couldn't come up with the physics behind their instructions, so thanks for that – the cap comes off no problem with the tube on, so I'll just continue leaving it connected.

Haven't been able to find anyone selling Tutela CS Speed here in Chile – Red Line D4 ATF seems the best available alternative.

·
Registered
2005 147 Selespeed
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bazzbazz – the product description (here: Red Line D4 ATF in Spanish, but Chrome conveniently translates everything for me 'cuz my Spanish is still pretty weak) says "D4 ATF is a fully synthetic product designed with superior low temperature properties compared to a Dexron III® fluid, and the enhanced shear stability requirements that are part of the Mercon V® specifications."

I've seen it recommended on this forum, and I haven't (yet!) found any "Don't do it!" replies to their recommendations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts