Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i know another selespeed thread
After my new years problem which i think i have fixed with a pushrod adjustment and eol calibration it has been working fine however the last 2 mornings it has been very sluggish to find 1st with me having to 'ask it' a few times with the lever once 1st has been found everything seems fine and when left in the car park at work for 8 hours will have no problem in finding the correct gear.
Is this just the cold getting to it or do you think it's something more sinister

Thanks

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
when did you refresh the gearbox oil ? and for the bl**ding obvious how is you battery ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never done the gearbox oil but check selespeed oil about once every 2 weeks max
battery is about 2 weeks old as i think the old battery caused some of my previous problems

·
Registered
916 Posts
How soon after entering and starting the car are you trying to engage 1st? Maybe the system is just taking time to get up to pressure; as the actuator gets older and starts to wear, it loses pressure when standing overnight. Do you hear the pump running when you first get in the car? Wait for it to stop before starting the car, and see if there's any difference. If this is the case, you can just live with it, as they can go on working for years like this.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply the pump runs when the drivers door is open and again when the ignition is turned on I always put it neutral when starting which it does ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts