Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there's a very small orifice on the actuator that sometime leaks a little oil, is it normal? What is the purpose of this orifice? Is it some kind of pressure relieve?

The orifice (about 0.5mm diameter) is located above the "SELESPEED" at the back of the actuator, facing the firewall. You can use a mirror to see it.

Attached is the picture, sorry unable to get it in focus as the space is too tight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, found out that the orifice is actaully a breather vent, and there's a seal that's leaking and therefore oil is coming out from that orifice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You'd better get it replaced as soon as you can.

One morning I noticed a leak on my 147 Selespeed, and later that day while driving the car it stopped changing gears and came to a dead stop. The leak had become a river of oil. The actuator had cracked. I hope you have a service plan of sorts as it's a rather expensive part.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
neonj said:
You'd better get it replaced as soon as you can.

One morning I noticed a leak on my 147 Selespeed, and later that day while driving the car it stopped changing gears and came to a dead stop. The leak had become a river of oil. The actuator had cracked. I hope you have a service plan of sorts as it's a rather expensive part.
How expensive is expensive ?? :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts