Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 147 selespeed went to the garrage and after a week of trying to find the error they finaly said i need a replacement actuator, basically the car goes into all gears except reverse , the examiner is clueless and doesn't report any error , does anybody know of something else that can be wrong....

·
Registered
30,262 Posts
If the Examiner doesn't report any errors, the problem could be inside the gearbox itself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there anyway i can replace the selespeed gearbox with a normal gearbox , my selespeed gearbox has been giving me endless problems and is costing way to much money , btw the selespeed pump have also been replaced

·
Registered
30,262 Posts
Anything is possible, but it won't be easy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
in theory you would just need the clutch pedal, slave cylinder, master cylinder and gearshift with linkages, the selespeed box is a standard 5 speed 156 box but dont know if it has the connections to be attached to stick & pedal, should think so tho - it would make manufacturing sense to build the boxes the same.

Check the sticky selespeed post at the top of the forum. Its got loads of info on it.

·
Registered
30,262 Posts
The Boxes are different, you can't just bolt the manual stuff straight on.

·
Registered
441 Posts
ah well, add a gearbox to that list then and you have it lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m having the same problem with 156 selespeed ‘no fault found’ my car is jerky when setting off and a bit thump the garage told me that the gearbox seems to be OK, and it’s the Gearbox control unit (acutator) that needs replacing, haven’t got £965 for the part going to take a flyer and try a recon part £90-110, 2.5 hours fitting, plus oil etc. about £300-340. My garage advised me to dump it as might be opening a can of worms I’m going to speak to them today as I carn’t shift it in the state it’s in. Currently driving a pug 106 Aztec!!! I bought for £200 to get me from A to B, it’s kakka!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts