Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does any one know how much it should cost to have a actuator replace on a selespeed gearbox?

What are the tell tell sign of the actuator failing if any?

If my car jerk in first and second and after is oK does that mean a problem with my clutch will soon occour?

If so how much would it cost to have a failing clutch replaced?

Reason why i ask is that yet again i have my 4th problem with my selespeed gearbox which in total so far has cost me £2600 in the last 3 months and the car when working is worth a best around £1500!!

I love my alfa though so just very intrested to see if the garage i am dealing with are trying it on again. If atall.

Cheers and thanks

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
firstly check the clutch pin rod length (28-28,5 mm) I have seen a couple of Seles with 12 ~~ 15 mm
and the drivers got the advice to change pump and actuator !!!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
firstly check the clutch pin rod length (28-28,5 mm) I have seen a couple of Seles with 12 ~~ 15 mm
and the drivers got the advice to change pump and actuator !!!!!
Goede morgen rarebear,

I hope if he is using an Alfa garage they have calibrated the clutch rod length. the kind of money he has spent he could have renewed the whole selspeed system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was alfa garage well Euro car care derby who by the way from my experience are a garage to steer clear from and they are not cheap!£60 a hour. I had the pump and clutch + bearings replaced.

·
Registered
568 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I would not mind placing a bet that at least 50% of the bad reputation Selespeeds appear to have is due to there owners being ripped off .

Nail.....hit......head......:thumbs:

They-just-need-looking-after-properly-by-someone-who-knows-the-sele-system-inside-out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts