Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is officially Impossible to crawl along in first or reverse in my 2.0 Sele when the engine is cold. It either has no power, or loads of power, so kangaroo's everywhere! It's fine once it's warmed up a little though, but no matter how gentle I try to be I end up looking like an idiot Who hasn't learned to drive yet!

Is there anything that can be adjusted?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ben B said:
it is officially Impossible to crawl along in first or reverse in my 2.0 Sele when the engine is cold. It either has no power, or loads of power, so kangaroo's everywhere! It's fine once it's warmed up a little though, but no matter how gentle I try to be I end up looking like an idiot Who hasn't learned to drive yet!

Is there anything that can be adjusted?
Are there software updates for this type of issue? Having said that maybe it's not a Selespeed problem, could be an induction or fueling fault. Try the MAF/airfilter and fuel filter perhaps.

Sorry to hear about problems with your new car. Did you have an extended test drive, were the faults pointed out to you by the vendor? Do you think he/she knew of the problems hence the reason for sale?

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Ben, DavidC gave me good information on this subject fairly recently.Mine 'Kangaroo's' from cold, but if left for a minute or so it clears, and take-up is fine. David suggested that it possibly required the Examiner diagnosis/set up.Think it may be a common peculiarity, but not really sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing to ask about at Tuesday's visit to Alfa workshop!

I don't really see these things as probles though, just differences between cars that I'll learn to live with!

I'll just leave it to warm for a few minutes before I go anywhere.
Took 20 mins for the temp. guage to even start moving this morning though!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Ben, you'll be in the best of hands, it was Jamie you propose to visit? So you will receive expert advice/opinions on everything Alfa, rest assured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts