Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok people, need your help...

...on my 916 Spider ('98 P2) I have the above alarm/immobiliser system fitted with the two button remote fobs. The problem I have is that a few weeks back, the battery went dead in my remote fob and left me stranded with the alarm going off, as I had to manually let myself into the car. Luckily I had the touch key on me which disarms the system until the ignition is next turned off.

On fitting a new battery to the fob, I went back to the car only to find that it still didn't work! I called the company who originally fitted the system (Safe and Sound Security, Manchester) who told me it was not unknown of fobs to uncode themselves from the system following a dead battery so I would need to reprogram it using a working fob. On getting home I searched for the proceedure and found this website:

Selca Remote conrols

...to which I have followed instructions and have had no luck! Well, I can make the car enter SELF-LEARNING MODE but the remotes do not respond once in this mode! It says to push button 'B' twice once in the mode and confirmation is shown via a BEEP, although I get nothing happening!

Can anyone please shed some light on what maybe my problem and point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Ollie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh no, does nobody have anything to share!? hehe

Somebody must be able to advise me further, or even somebody I can call for more info?

Ollie

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You could phone the guys at Abacus and ask???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted!

Thanks Stixy,

I have since found out that it is infact an FC7.61 system and have subsequently reprogrammed the remote and is working as before.

Ollie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts