Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, When the nearside window is put from the drivers side, only the nearside switch will put it back up. Does anyone know if this is this a switch issue or something else?

Also the Drivers window switch now has a crack in it. It goes down OK but won't come back up unless something is jammed done the side of the switch - I fear this fix may not last forever!!

So question, does anyone know if the Brera switch fit the Spider? They look very similar and I can only find them listed on eBay.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe that the window switches are the same mechanism, although if you're feeling up for a bit of DIY you can change over the switch carriers themselves from a MiTo and clean the contacts which should sort out your window not wanting to go up using the drivers-side switch control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that the window switches are the same mechanism, although if you're feeling up for a bit of DIY you can change over the switch carriers themselves from a MiTo and clean the contacts which should sort out your window not wanting to go up using the drivers-side switch control.
That sounds fine, so a MiTo and not a Brera? That's strange as the Brera looks basically like a Spider with a hard roof :) I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The MiTo window switch unit won't physically fit into the Spider, but the 'keys' themselves do fit into the Spider window switch (the rockers). The pinout on the MiTo is different from the Spider so don't plug it into the car. You can take apart the window switch unit on both cars and remove the switch rockers and fit them onto your broken one.

If you don't feel like ripping the switch units apart then get a Brera one, as you're correct in assuming that they're the same unit/basic build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MiTo window switch unit won't physically fit into the Spider, but the 'keys' themselves do fit into the Spider window switch (the rockers). The pinout on the MiTo is different from the Spider so don't plug it into the car. You can take apart the window switch unit on both cars and remove the switch rockers and fit them onto your broken one.

View attachment 940126

If you don't feel like ripping the switch units apart then get a Brera one, as you're correct in assuming that they're the same unit/basic build.
That's great advice - Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Georgew221 - Just thought I'd let you know the MiTo switch arrived yesterday (£20 from eBay). Took both units apart, swapped the switches and cleaned throughout.
Everything went back together, into the car and both windows now work perfectly. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts