Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back every stupid rule used to be preceded by "for health and safety reasons" ... now however even more stupid rules are preceded by "for security reasons" ...

why???

As a contractor I work at various different sites, all with about the same "security" level (usually just UK Restricted), and yet each different site has there own different rules, some places you're not allowed to have mobile phones on "for security reasons", other places you can't use memory sticks "for security reasons", others you have to take out the hard disk every night (and put it in a cupboard) "for security reasons", some places you can't use CD's "for security reasons" whilst other you can only uses CD's "for security reasons" ...

FFS it is quite clear to me that these rules are just made up on the fly ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
One of my major beefs with airports these days. No problem with high security but at least apply the policy consistently:rolleyes:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,310 Posts
One of my major beefs with airports these days. No problem with high security but at least apply the policy consistently:rolleyes:
Just so Simon. Read in the CAA Newsletter a while ago that pilots at some UK airports were not allowed to take contact lens cleaning fluid through security at some airports whilst at others it wasn't a problem.

Hmm, what a choice. A pilot who can't see very well or a pilot bent on self destruction. What do you think is the most likely option ?

I know where my money is, it's a mad world we seem to be in at the moment. :(

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Vaguely relevant:
xkcd - A Webcomic - Bag Check - HOSTED BY GEOCITIES

(Try to ignore the bizarre page setup - they're doing a tribute to Geocities and old style web pages. Quite amusing actually - do you remember when that's what web pages actually used to look like?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts