Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to give my car the secret agent theme.... (I bet its not at all surprising considering all my recent posts... :D )

Anyways, I wanna install revolving license plates.. the same as in the attached pic (strictly for show purposes). I looked at kits on the net and none have given the right feel. Most of the videos and products I saw online were either to flip the plate one way or the other OR... to hide it away completely.

The only thing I saw that was exactly what I wanted to have is in the following link

www.metacafe.com/watch/766615/license_plate/

If anyone has any info on where to get this or how to do it... please let me know.

Thanks....

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
you could also install dummie missiles, ejector seat and an underwater propulsion system taken from a lotus and modified for your Alfa.

Then your Alfa would be really cool and the highlight of any show.

P

·
0 Posts
I've got show plates for the Spider. But they just stick over the top of the real ones. And say "Spider"

However...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could also install dummie missiles, ejector seat and an underwater propulsion system taken from a lotus and modified for your Alfa.

Then your Alfa would be really cool and the highlight of any show.
The dummy missiles have crossed my mind. However I have located a smokescreen kit that I plan to install.
Smoke Screen Kit

The main thing is that my car has to be able to be used as a daily driver too. There is a sort of show that people go to where they bring in their tricked-out rides and judges hand out prizes. Most are Japanese tuners with the usual "FATF" style stuff.

P

·
0 Posts
Can you fit an ejector seat? Do you have a sun roof? That would be ubercool :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Anyone with ideas on how its done or fabricated?
Stepper motor x 2
Couple of gears of the correct size x 2
Piece of box steel of the correct size x 2
Number plates x2
Secret Agent Switch under gearknob
plastic weld kit for fixing it up after youlve made a right ****ing mess of your bumpers

I assume you want the rear number plate to switch as well?

Depending on the design and the size and type of stepper motor there is potential to house the stepper inside the box section, probably better off using some box aluminium extrusion for lower weight.

then some form of bracket to mount the the motor to the body and the box is then held with secondary mountings with bearings to allow for the motion.

Having the motor outside is easier, but putting it inside is a lot more elegant and space saving.but also more expensive and diffcult to do.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you have got to be kidding me !!! this is ridiculous :wow:

I'm sorry mate, but you want these for the show ??? To show what exactly ?
The only reason I would want my number plates to flip is for the speed cams !!!

As for the smoke from the exhausts, I've got an old 1.5 boxer engine that has chewed up all the piston rings. If you start it and rev it up, it will give you twice the amount of smoke ! Moneyback guarantee !

And if you run out of refill, you can always add more oil :D

.... come to think of it, I've got an idea for showing off !!! Put my old engine in your car, top the engine up with sunflower oil and rev it up !!! You will have big smoke , BIG smell , but NO popcorn !!! Magic :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
:lol:

I guess if you removed all the crash protection from behind the bumper you might have enough space........................but seems like a total waste of time, money and effort

P

·
0 Posts
No no no no no - don't spoil it :eek:

This is the best modding idea on AO yet :thumbs:

I can't wait to see it in action :p

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol:
I guess if you removed all the crash protection from behind the bumper you might have enough space........................but seems like a total waste of time, money and effort
There is always controversy over modding a car. Most of the time its money spent and never returned. I admit all this will ridiculous to some and exciting to others, but I guess in the end, its up to me and what I think of it.

As far as I know the only hitch will be with the front bumper. I had a look at the rear part and it seems to be just a piece of fibreglass with nothing behind (whatever protection equipment is placed above that section)

P

·
0 Posts
Keep with it knight :thumbs:

You also have to have the full Bond look to complement this ;)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts