Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm insured through Adrian Flux with Trinity Lane. I'm buying an old VW Polo (1997 1.0!!!) to use a little (when mines in the garage for example) and then to pass on to my daughter when she can get her license later this year.

My question is, is this likely to affect my premiums? It's a far lower group car than the 156, it's only going to be me who drives it (when my daughter takes it over she'll be getting her own insurance).

Andy

·
Registered
154 Posts
It shouldn't do but it would depend on the insurer and how they feel about a second car. I have two cars insured under Admiral's multicar policy who were incredibly reasonable considering they're both fully comp, parked on the street, naming other drivers, used for everything, etc. They give you a discount the more cars you have with them. I'm also building up a new lot of NCB on the second car too.

If you're only going to use it when the 156 is in the garage you won't be using it too much so you're mileage will be rather low - I'm not sure if that affects policies much. :)

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Hi,

I'm insured through Adrian Flux with Trinity Lane. I'm buying an old VW Polo (1997 1.0!!!) to use a little (when mines in the garage for example) and then to pass on to my daughter when she can get her license later this year.

My question is, is this likely to affect my premiums? It's a far lower group car than the 156, it's only going to be me who drives it (when my daughter takes it over she'll be getting her own insurance).

Andy
Andy,
We don't do multi car policies so you would be taking a seperate insurance out on the vw polo.
We can do discounts for limited mileage policeis and also the fact that you might have NCB on your normal car will help reduce the premiums etc.
If you would like me to arrange a call back so you can discuss your options please let me have your contact details or call 0800 505 3000 and mention this forum.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan, I'll ring tomorrow afternoon when I'll have time.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy,
We don't do multi car policies so you would be taking a seperate insurance out on the vw polo.
We can do discounts for limited mileage policeis and also the fact that you might have NCB on your normal car will help reduce the premiums etc.
If you would like me to arrange a call back so you can discuss your options please let me have your contact details or call 0800 505 3000 and mention this forum.

Dan.
Really surprised, quote came out at £329 which is more than I paid for the Alfa 156 this year! Seems they don't carry over your NCB, you have to start again.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NCB is only used on one car at a time.

Dan.

Hi Dan,

the advisor explained that, just doesn't seem right that the same driver can get 8 yrs NCB on one car and not on another when it's the same person, same history etc. Not your fault I know but frustrating as hell as a customer.

Andy

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Hi Dan,

the advisor explained that, just doesn't seem right that the same driver can get 8 yrs NCB on one car and not on another when it's the same person, same history etc. Not your fault I know but frustrating as hell as a customer.

Andy

On your second policy you should start to earn NCB, So you would in effect have 2 lots of NCB it's just the first year obviously it states zero.
Did they say if you got any introductory discount because of your NCB on your other car?

If i could have your surname and postcode maybe i can check to make sure you got everything including your membership discount.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I just started a multicar with Admiral and hoped they would do a bonus match or something. Of course no hope there but they did give me a 2 years introductory bonus just about making insurance for the Alfa "affordable". More proof that you really have to wangle to get the best deal you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts