Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not clear how having a second car works out for insurance, maybe someone can explain.

If I'm currently insured for my daily drive to work etc on one car and I decide to get a GTA but only use it occassionally, keeping the mileage below say 5,000 a year is that going to cost an arm and a leg to cover? Or can a second car with restricted mileage be added to an existing policy quite cheaply?

This could decide if I ever get a GTA as it simply wouldn't work as a daily drive for work.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
admiral multi car is pretty good.

I did an online quote for myself and it worked out at an extra £300 to add my old civic on as a wok car with the gta as a toy.

it will all depend on your circumstances though so best thing is to give them a ring.

as for other running costs you can get really cheap day to day cars.

prime example is the clio campus dci. 1.5

70mpg, £35 road tax and £100 per month on lease

·
Registered
149 Posts
I currently have three cars insured with Esure on separate policies (the alfa is my weekend project car), and when I spoke to them they were very helpful in providing a high level of NCD, so that I didn't have to pick up the full tab.

If I remember, I have to drive for another 8 months (out of 12) and then I will have full NCD on the Alfa as well.

Most companies are reasonable when it comes to adding further vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts