Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm struggling online to find an answer to this problem.

What's the script with owning 2 cars. I've just got myself a 147 for the daily run around as my 156 needs some work. I'm struggling to sell it, as it seems a shame as I love the car and it was always a project that I have not finished.

Do I just have to get 2 separate insurance policies, one being with no no-claims?

These plenty of you on here with 2 or 3 cars, how are you doing it? Ta

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I have 3 policies, one for the GTA one for my van and one for a Fiat I own with my son, my second Alfa is insured in my wife's name as it was cheaper in her name.

They are all with different companies which is a pain to remember which is which sometimes and all at different levels of NCD.

There probably is an easier way to do it but might not be cheaper.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
You only get ncb on one at start but i'm with lv= who offer a discount on the second car (or third ....). You build up separate ncb on others each year as normal.

Admiral pee'd me off when I wanted my student son on as a named driver so cancelled them!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've got the three on an Admiral multi-car policy. I'm owner and main driver on the Alfa and the Saab, and my wife is the owner and main driver on her Chrysler. Of course we are named drivers on each other's cars. Just got the renewal through and while it was eye watering, it was cheaper then doing them all individually or through other multi-car policies. Luckily we are moving house soon and the new post code will bring the premium down by about 40% ��

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Ncb doesn't seem to apply so much these days. I've had multiple cars in the past and not having a transferrable ncb didn't seem to be an issue. Classic policies with limited mileage always seem exceptionally cheap. I'm sure a gtv could qualify for this but I'm not sure about the 147.

·
AO Traders
604 Posts
I'm struggling online to find an answer to this problem.

What's the script with owning 2 cars. I've just got myself a 147 for the daily run around as my 156 needs some work. I'm struggling to sell it, as it seems a shame as I love the car and it was always a project that I have not finished.

Do I just have to get 2 separate insurance policies, one being with no no-claims?

These plenty of you on here with 2 or 3 cars, how are you doing it? Ta
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. We would be able to discuss the various options open to you either separate policies or multi car policies.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My policy with Hastings Direct mirrored my NCB on my recently purchased 156 without affecting anything on the 159 policy. My 75 is on a classic car policy so much cheaper anyway but the other two amount to about £500 fully comp so a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
If insuring with the same company (presuming you've had the 156 a couple of years) use the NCD on the car that has been acquired by yourself more recently i.e. The 147.

The fact that you have owned the 156 a a while and are used to it should drop your premium on it without NCD.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I've had an Admiral multicar policy for six years now. For me Admiral has always been the most competitive and I've found them very efficient to deal with on the phone...adding courtesy cars onto my policy for example....just £20 per week for Autolusso's venerable Fiat 500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts