Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a slight accident (Hit a Bentley Continental parked with its tyres turned out) and damaged alloy, suspension and steering. Car was trucked away and fixed, picked it up today and both front seatbelts are locked and do not move....What happened??? I presume its a safety feature and the cars computer has locked them, but what do I do now to fix this?
I'm off to the Fiat workshop nearby but after paying over 1000 Euros for repair the last thing I want is another big garage bill...can anyone help???

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
You probably need to buy a new pair of seatbelts.

H

·
0 Posts
Sound's like the inertia reels have locked if they won't pull out.

Did the pre tensioners fire when you had the bump ?

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'd echo what HappyMan said TBH :thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,
Went to service garage today, you were all correct in saying I need to replace both seat belts..250 Euros a piece...Airbag light is on also and its not the connector under the seat...Total cost 1000 Euro+... That'll teach me to drive in the centre of Athens on Saturday night...
Thanks for your help....
Jim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other problem I have now is the Mrs wants to get rid off the Alfa...So my next question would be, how do you get your better half to stop nagging about the car? lol

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
That's a much harder question to answer.....:lol:

If you find out, get the mods to post it as a "sticky":)

If you haven't already spent the money - I'd recommend going the scrapyard route......if the belts reel in and out freely, and the airbags haven't gone off, you should be able to source the belts and the airbag sensor from the same car....just check the ECU number before you purchase as there are several different part numbers depending on whether the car has one ot two front airbags, seat airbags, side airbags etc....

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
You can always blame yourself and not the Alfa.....
Many modern cars have safety feature that activate during/after a minor collision and cost a fortune to replace, so not an Alfa issue.
It's a balance, if you (or the VW/Audi) had been moving quicker these features would have saved you and your Mrs a serious injury.
Be glad that no-one was hurt and the car can be repaired.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The other problem I have now is the Mrs wants to get rid off the Alfa...So my next question would be, how do you get your better half to stop nagging about the car? lol
divorce her , i think that is good enough grounds for divorce personally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts