Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon boys and girls. Random question time, been wondering this for a while now... on the outside of the seatbelt there is a piece of velcro (the soft side) and I can not for the life of me figure out why it's there..

Any ideas?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just figured out how to attach a photo from a phone :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
47,537 Posts
Surely just to stop it scuffing the leather of your seat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely just to stop it scuffing the leather of your seat.
I thought that, but they aren't on the rear seats. And they don't really touch the seats at all. Surely it'd be more likely to scuff the plastic on the other side?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The velcro doesn't touch the leather though.. is it on the 147/156 as well then?

G

·
There would have been a felt patch attached and it was to prevent rubbing and squeaks from the clips against the seat bolster. Something the 156 suffered from with, shall we say... Oversized owners backsides and the eventual spreading of the foam inside the seat:rolleyes:
If they are nowhere near rubbing near the seat bolster,give it time;)

A cure that I found was to use plain black tennis wrist bands over the seatbelt clip holders.:)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There would have been a felt patch attached and it was to prevent rubbing and squeaks from the clips against the seat bolster. Something the 156 suffered from with, shall we say... Oversized owners backsides and the eventual spreading of the foam inside the seat:rolleyes:
If they are nowhere near rubbing near the seat bolster,give it time;)

A cure that I found was to use plain black tennis wrist bands over the seatbelt clip holders.:)
I see! So a few more beers and pies needed before it comes into use then?

I need to stay the same size ideally as the seats are spot on at the moment, like getting a leathery cuddle when I drive :lol:

G

·
It's not just Alfas, my Ford has the same black felt pad on the outside of the front seat belt locks. They sit above the seat base level so nothing to rub on. No idea what they're for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts