Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing that i have always hated about the 155 is the god damm awful seating position, driving position. Its like seating on a bar stool. The cornering ability of the car would surely be much greater if i didnt have to hang on to the steering wheel for grim death everytime i go into a corner.
Has anybody try a different seat ?, or any tips on adjusting the current setup to make it any better ?
I am always trying new angles, sliding it up and down , moving backwards and forwards, but i always end up slouching down to try to lower myself in the car so i dont roll about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a pair of Sparco Tourinos in the car now. Sparco do a subframe now, but when I put the seats in I had to make the subframes. Much better seats, but the way Alfa mount their seats it can be tricky to get the seat base low enough.

Steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
Have you ever driven a Ford? You will love your seats, anyway, I never found anything wrong with'em

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This might sound a bit strange........

Used to find the 155's seats very uncomfortable but after owning two over the past 5ana bit years dont have any problems at all. Find them very comfortable, no back ache at all.

As for rolling about in the seats (this is the strange bit!), I found that relaxing into the seats, not gripping the wheel tightly and trusting the car is the best way. Otherwise I was sat rigid and rolling about, you also "feel" the car better, especially the rear end. (you havent got the seatback adjustment all the way out have you?)

Please tell me I'm ok..............?????

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks steve i will look out for the sparco's, the driving seat has got to go i think.
Wrinx, what do you mean about the seat right back ??, i have the seat set against the stop so that it is as low as possible , then adjust the reach to the steering wheel using the under seat lever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coming from Wrexham, you may as well pop in to Demon tweeks and save yourself some postage. I went for the Tourinos as they have seat back adjustment.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you sure you are not a football and this is why you roll around and you shouldnt even be driving a car or perhaps your one of those round things off that old show terrahawks "sorry couldnt help myself" :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fk

Sorry not very clear, I meant the lumbar support, I find this completely useless. If its fully "out", that is pressing in your back, you wont fit into the seat back contour. Sounds obvious I know and guess you've tried this already!!! I too have the seat base set to its longest reach on travel and lowest on height.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Wrinx, i have mine set the same , that silly wheel lumber thing is set right out of the way. Have to change it, after driveing the car for 60 k miles i deserve a nice seat!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I now find the seats quite comfortable (I used to hate the driving position). My seat is set so that I can depress the clutch without having to fully straighten my leg. The back of the seat is set quite upright, that way I find I'm forced back into the seat and don't have to stretch for the steering wheel, my head also rests nicely on the headrest which I have never been able to do before. I find if I don't get my bum right into the corner of the seat, I start to get uncomfortable and have to move about.

My seats don't have a lumbar adjustment which I think they do need.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can standard seats be refurbished? The padding on my drivers seat is a bit tired.....

Andy eek!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes. I've rebuilt a seat before on a 155. it takes ages to figure out all the fastenings. The workshop manuals have instructions on how to do this. I think you can buy the foam on its own too. The bottom cushion is hard to separate from the cover though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I once completely re-did an Astra interior as it had been stolen/recovered and had the seats slashed by some twockers.

Took a while but worked in the end, lotsa grunting and cursing :D

wrinx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts