Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My QV has buttons for seat warmer. The button for passenger seat will illuminate red or orange when activated on level 1 or 2, while the drivers seat button doesn't do anything.
I'm not sure if the passenger seat actually heats. I never sit there...

The mystery starts here: There is only one fuse for the the seat heaters. F6 in the boot. I decided to check it, you never know if the Italians does it 100% as described. Only one fuse in this fuse box: F3 for boot power outlet.

Now I wonder where my passenger seat heater button gets power from and what it activates...

I would suppose the buttons would not be mounted, if the car was delivered without seat heater ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried to fit a fuse in F6 in boot, no difference.

Is it plausible, that my car has switches for seat heaters, but that it doesn't have seat heating ?

Do all Mitos have the switches under the center arm rest ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, not all mitos have the switches. If one lights up and one doesn't I'd imagine it to be wiring, especially If neither heat up. Under your seats is a plastic cover which protects a wiring loom for airbag plugs and I'd imagine your heated seats would also go through there. I'd check to make sure they're in right, might they've been knocked out or damaged, unlikely though.

Same for the arm rest, might be worth removing it to inspect the wiring which goes directly to the switches, you might find that the armrest has been tampered with at some point?

Sorry I'm not much help, I don't have heated seats myself, unfortunately!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. You have been the most helpful until now :thumbup:

The small panel with the switches can be clipped out. I did that yesterday, and there is same kind of wiring to both switches, all safe and never disturbed before...

I will take a look under the seats. Rear seat passenger feet can easily disturb the wiring loom under front seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts