Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've stripped the seat down to sort out the leather and seat height; there's a little play in the drivers seat lower left (pre-tensioner) side.

The play is in the tilt pivot point; the pivot point is non-adjustable and is machine pressed in. Anyone ever dismantled one of these pivot points at all...or completely removed the seat base?

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've stripped the seat down to sort out the leather and seat height; there's a little play in the drivers seat lower left (pre-tensioner) side.

The play is in the tilt pivot point; the pivot point is non-adjustable and is machine pressed in. Anyone ever dismantled one of these pivot points at all...or completely removed the seat base?
Only a few weeks back I gave 2 of these seat frames to the scrapman after I butchered a pair of cloth seats to use the good foam inside the seats, I could have sent you one. I don't think taking that apart will be easy to press back in and retain, unless you weld it?

·
Registered
515 Posts
While you have the seat apart, check the frame for cracks! I had to weld my drivers seat in two places: Lowwer beam in back rest, and around the front mounting to the floor. Also did some reinforcement around the front floor mount. Se pictures on this page and the next one:
916 GTV 2.0TS - Fix och trix - Club Alfa Romeo Svezia - Forum - Club Alfa Romeo Svezia - Projekt
(Sorry for the Swedish language, but I think you get it from the pictures.)
Also check that the rivets for the big sheet metal part on the back rest is still in place. Mine wasn't. I changed them for steel rivets in stead of aluminium, and also put in some more rivets.

Also I installed heating while I had the leathers off.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thread Redtop, google translate works a treat. Previous owner airbag light fix made me laugh:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.