Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently wrote off her much loved Audi TT and has replaced it with a Seat Leon. It's a year or so old and has 23k miles. My first impressions:

Pros:
It has rear doors, rear seats and a boot that are actually useful (compared to the TT ;))
Engine is very quiet and smooth when warm, not pleasant when cold though
Ride is firm and well damped, a good compromise
Steering is really nicely weighted and enjoyable to hustle
Generally feels nice and solid
Decent seats

Cons:
It would have been nice if the factory had bothered to screw the dashboard together - it has more rattles than my 12 year old 156 and the instrument panel is actually loose, it moves when you prod it. Seems to be a common problem with them
Throttle response is horribly non-linear to the pedal movement, it's really slow to pick up at first then a bit faster, takes a huge bootfull to properly wake it up. Sport/Normal/Eco modes don't make much/any difference. Makes the 156 seem like a rocketship though :)
Chunky C-pillars give poor rear visibility

Generally, it's ok but not inspiring; we're hoping it'll grow on us.

A long shot - does anyone know how to get to the instrument panel to tighten it up? I can't see how to remove the black plastic surround in front of it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A quick update; I've managed to attach the instrument panel to the car and now it sounds and feels more solid. I also discovered that there's a detent in the accelerator pedal movement close to the floor - push a bit harder through it and you get a nice extra kick in back, pointless really but lots of fun.

We are beginning to bond with it now :)

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
One of my wife's favourite cars.

But, when she came to buy a new car she was not doing the milage she used to do, so it was a little city car that won the day.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts