Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
the switch on the passenger side is once again broken.
Being fed up to pay the premium my dealer is asking for these switches (have replaced both of them already 2 times),
I'm looking to buy some online (ebay or the likes).

However, I don't seem to find them for a 147,
but I've seen some for a 166 that seem to be identical as the ones I have.

Can someone confirm that this part is identical (147 vs 166) or know an ebay seller that stocks these switches for a 147?

Thanks!

·
Vendor
45,822 Posts
They will continue to keep failing as the circuitry is a daft design, the whole power for the heater element is routed through the switch. An auto electrician should be able to re-wire it and add a relay so it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know of a replacement switch that could be used instead of the original ones? Or someone who has fitted a better, more robust switch in place of the original one?

Thanks alfadude, will see to contact him.

·
Vendor
45,822 Posts
Something a bit more sturdy like this would probably take the current without melting like the originals.

You would lose the on/off indicator light though and it would look a bit naff. Keeping the original switch but re-wiring to add in a relay is a better idea IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROFL, doubt that my wife would appreciate that kind of switch :eek:D
Will see if I can find some alternative with a relay or something that would work and not be so "obvious" ;o)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Cheers for the tip Dan, I'll be taking a trip to my local eleccy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts