Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

Now its finally winter in my part of the world, well winter and winter..its freezing a couple of degrees :)

Then its nice to have heated seats, there is just that little issue that my legs are roasted after 3-4 min, and there is no heat in the backrest..
That's for the drivers seat , the passenger seat is just fine.
Its part-leather seats!

Went to the dealer, who told me: Hmm - that's normal, its an Italian car!

Anyone who has the same issue???

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the exact same problem! I thought it was just my car... The passenger seat seems fine, but usually in the drivers seat you burn your legs if the heat is even on 1! But not every day I don't think...?
It seems weird.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have the exact same problem! I thought it was just my car... The passenger seat seems fine, but usually in the drivers seat you burn your legs if the heat is even on 1! But not every day I don't think...?
It seems weird.
Mine is every day :-(
My seat heat has a on/off button - no variable settings!
I live in Denmark, here we mostly get the basic versions. This is due to a smaller import duty we have on cars, thats 180% - and 25 % VAT on top of that :-(

@ Esser- did NOT see that you live in Roskilde - so you know all about import duty and VAT :) :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I suspect is factory seat heater is incorrectly installed, maybe it is missing a mat or something between the heater and the fabric cover, or it is too far forward on the seat cushion creating a hot zone near your knees.
Thank You - I'll tear the seat apart during the weekend!

Trying not to fire airbag :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Haha! I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the car prices here!! My QV wasn't exactly cheap, although I did buy it used. It's not cheap to use every day either but I really enjoy it! :)
But please keep us updated when you take the seat apart! I would love to hear if you can figure it out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope - I forgot that our trip to The Alps was around the corner! - and, I have been busy since. But Ill have a week off around the. 1st of April!
Then Ill tear the seat apart :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
- and a bit off topic!
I think that the seat is one of the least comfy I had for the last 25 years! I mean it looks good, but - One cant "tilt" the bottom of the seat - and no adjustable lower back support!
- or maybe its just my seat!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts