Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 1.4TB 120 61plate Giulietta which I purchased October last year.

After a recent MOT found I have an issue with the drivers side seat belt, when pulling on the belt to clip in before driving it sticks.
few weeks When this first happended a few weeks back, it took 15 minutes of short pulls to clip in.

I got home and sprayed the inside the retractor and seemed fine for around a week, then got stiff again and wouldn't let me pull out. I have in total sprayed it three times but goes back to it's troublesome self.

I did think about stripping it down and greasing the mechanism but noticed the built in air bag in the pillar.

Any suggestions on how to fix / strip down?

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

I have a 1.4TB 120 61plate Giulietta which I purchased October last year.

After a recent MOT found I have an issue with the drivers side seat belt, when pulling on the belt to clip in before driving it sticks.
few weeks When this first happended a few weeks back, it took 15 minutes of short pulls to clip in.

I got home and sprayed the inside the retractor and seemed fine for around a week, then got stiff again and wouldn't let me pull out. I have in total sprayed it three times but goes back to it's troublesome self.

I did think about stripping it down and greasing the mechanism but noticed the built in air bag in the pillar.

Any suggestions on how to fix / strip down?

Thanks
Gary
Hi- I have the same problem on my Giulietta - I want to avoid snapping the trim, how did you get it off?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts