Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since yesterday I have been experiencing a really annoying error where I have my seatbelt on i'll drive for a little while then constantly throughout the jeourny the alrarm goes of for a little while the picture for my seat goes red then goes back to green and stops. But it is constantly doing it and it is really stressing me out as its not a low noise its a really high pitch noise! I suspect a replacment of the female end of the seatbelt buckle is needed but I have no idea how to do this nor can I find a guide to. Has anyone had it done by a garage and how much did it cost or does anyone know of a guide?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 100% sure that its not the other seats as I dont have anything on them and the light that goes from green to red is my own

·
Registered
229 Posts
There´s a wire coming from the seatbelt buckle and connecting under the seat in a connector along with other seat stuff (adjustment, heating etc). Either the connector is loose (unlikely since there´s a locking tab), there´s rust (spilled fluids etc) or the wire itself got caught at some point on the seat rails and got spliced and giving intermittent errors. There´s constant power on that (something like 0.1 mA on belt off and 0.5mA on belt on) so the body computer knows when to beep and activate airbags accordingly (if belt is unbuckled, airbag can kill you in case of accident). That´s what the SRS stands for (Supplemental Restraint System), it works with the seatbelt to save you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts