Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has just taken delivery of his Alfa red multiair lusso with 17s and sunroof but he is struggling to get comfortable due to a lack of seat adjustment.

Do the front headrests have and fore/aft adjustment? He finds his head is pushed too far forward.

He is also regretting not going for electric seat adjustment as the manual seats lack underthigh support, has anyone any solution to this?

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
So,according to the wiki, footwear is obligatory and one must wear pants which reach their knees.I agree that the Giulietta needs a bit of work on getting the driving position right .I found adjusting the steering column for reduced reach increases the back support but seem to recall mention of spacing the seat cushion up at the front without buying electric adjust.Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
265 Posts
It is possible to get some longer screws and some oversize bolts, to put under the rail for the seat, you need to replace the 2 in the front, as on any of the older alfa :rolleyes:. I had it done with some bolts that were about 2" long, and that really helped.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding washers under the leading edge of the seat runners had occurd. Spacing up the cushion is an interesting alternative if there is enough give in the seat fabric. .

Trakdah - when you say they push forward are you referring to the anti-whiplash function or some adjustment?

·
Registered
102 Posts
@James: they are "aggressive" in posture by default. When seated there is barely any space at all between the head and the headrest. And to that there is in fact a WIPS system that will push the head restraint even further forward in case of rear impact.
Car in point: in the Saab I wasn't able
To drink more than half a can of Coke unless I turned my head sideways :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grande Punto Headrest Fits

I've just stumbled across this thread from years ago.

If anyone else is having issues with the headrests being too far forward we eventually discovered that the headrest from a Grande Punto fits the Giulietta perfectly and is far more 'relaxed'. The black ones from a sporting model blend in well enough that you forget they have been changed.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
The headrest is deliberately positioned to prevent injury by supporting the head sooner instead of allowing acceleration before hitting it in case of a rear impact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts