Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone else had this:

In the cold winter months, by front bushes creak over bumps, but when it warms up in summer they don't make any creaking at all :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it's the rubber which becomes harder and less flexible in the cold.

Am I the only one with a fair weather 155? Must run in the house hold as my dog doesn't like the cold or rain. When I get to the door to give him a walk or let him put for a [email protected] and its p155ing down, he just looks at me as if I'm an idiot, with me imagining him thinking "you don't expect me to go out in THAT do you?"
Tought I'd share that with you.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Not the front suspension bushes but i have a seasonal interior :p

Depending on whether its a hot day or a cold day the interior trim creaks and clunks more or less :confused: so does the sunroof :confused:

And now me seats just creak all the time :D :D :cool:

B

·
0 Posts
Yes Speed we all know you have a leather interior.

Your getting as bad as me with Davina.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Barry said:
Yes Speed we all know you have a leather interior.

Your getting as bad as me with Davina.
Nah i`m not that bad.......................... yet :p :cheese:

Btw did you know i have a Leather Interior now :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
speed freak said:
Nah i`m not that bad.......................... yet :p :cheese:

Btw did you know i have a Leather Interior now :p :p :p

but no thumb???? :eek:

san

·
Registered
550 Posts
Same as Speed Freak but without soonroof problem, this is one of the reasons I have to make my strut brace. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Mine got worse with the strut brace believe it or not. Both the Silverstone and the V6 :confused: .

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you sure that is because the strut brace Marlon ? :confused:

I´m in the process of making one ! :eek:

Jason ? Are you there ? Help ? :(

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
speed freak said:
Depending on whether its a hot day or a cold day the interior trim creaks and clunks more or less :confused:
This also happens to me in my 146 (the 33 rattles all the time :D... cold or hot :D). Even on a hot day if I turn on the Aircon it starts to ratle...
Normally on cold mornings the rattles dissapear after some kms and after the car warms up.

I think it's all down to material expanding or shrinking due to temperature variations / issues ;)

All the Best

Sérgio

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
"It's not easy being green" - Kermit De Frog

So what's this about leather ?? :D

W

·
0 Posts
No I'm not :tut: Don't know what you're on about...we both know its in the wrong car and thats all there is to it :mad: :p

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cover the wishbone bushes in WD 40. If you have the poweflex ones, then you must have forgotten to put the copper grease in when you assembled them!!!

Oh leather is lovely. Mine is black and with doorcards too. Strangely Wrinx is jealous of mine too. I just thought I would twist that knife after 5 years of coping with the envy!!! :p

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Very nice Henry :D Just to P155 Wrinx off a bit more here`s a piccy of mine :D :D :cheese:

Btw Does yours have the Alfa Logo embossed on the back of the seats as well

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Henry!

I use the WD40 in many different parts but I do not know if I can use it in rubber ?
So it Is not harmful to use in rubber bushes? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts