Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm searching for an old thread. One of the guys here had some engine problems, was led to check the spark plugs and found out the side plugs were nonexistent and the plug hole had been fitted with something to block it. anyone remembers this? where is that thread? already tried the forum search.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
What are you planning to do? :D

In theory you could just screw a bolt into the spark plug hole.. :eek: but it would have to be the exact same length as the plug thread and use a copper washer to seal it.

Dunno what would happen to the HT.. I guess you could just not connect the coil..?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, you might be guessing... :D :D
you gave me an excellent, though mad, idea! :D
anyway, just searching for that thread...
further discussing should be about «TS technology on 16 V alfa romeo engines, is it really worth?» in the engines section. but I'm afraid to get beaten badly by the hardcore AR fans :D

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
«a friend of mine» would like to know which metal is the outer part of spark plugs made of, or, in case of filling the spark plug hole with just a screw, which metal would be best for it?

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Why not just leave an old plug in, without connecting it to the coil pack....? If doing away with the one plug is what "your friend" wants to do ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts