Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just killed my audio board. The one that holds the cassete player.
I was modifying mine to add bluetooth, and work when selecting the cassette.
All was going great, it sounded awesome, and even I had modded the famous aux-in circuit, now the FM was working well (the original circuit causes weird noises).
Of course, I'll make a guide when it's done!
On the last minute I realised that I had connected the BT module to the permanent 12V, so I decided to add a relay to power it on only when the ICS was running, otherwise it would drain the battery. It worked.
Suddenly a wire broke up and touched somewhere, a little spark came out... and the ICS no longer sees any audio device.
Everything else works. I'm pretty sure it's the upper board of the ICS only.
There are lots of ICS with dead screen or damaged memory, if you have one, I just want the upper board. Let me know.
Cheers :rotate:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Can you post a picture of what you want? I do have one, but as I am in Denmark postage of the small part would be alot cheaper ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi sorry i cant help with finding a damaged unit. But just wondered what blue tooth adapter your using and if your wiring it to the cassette player heads?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi sorry i cant help with finding a damaged unit. But just wondered what blue tooth adapter your using and if your wiring it to the cassette player heads?
Thanks
Ian
I still was playing with it when I screwed it up, so for now it's half done.
The module I bought was this one:
https://eee.aliexpress.com/item/APT-X-Bluetooth-4-0-Audio-Receiver-Board-Wireless-Stereo-Music-Module-AUX-Free-shipping/32455093453.html

I was using the aux-in circuit from here:
Îðãàíèçàöèÿ AUX-IN Becker BE2580 Porsche PCM1 (è äðóãèå áåêåðû) - PCCar.ru - Âàø àâòîìîáèëüíûé êîìïüþòåð

But connecting the BT output instead the aux-in.
However that circuit is known to make noises when using the FM tuner, so I tried to add a buffer to isolate the signal. In the 5 minutes I had used it its seemed to work well, but I still have to test more.
There's 12V power in the audio board, however, it's permanent 12V, so connecting the BT there would drain the battery eventually.
I found a 5V power that would only enable when powering on the ICS, so I had the idea to connect a relay or a transistor to switch the 12V to the BT module when the ics turns on.
But all that is still in the air, I can't confirm many things yet, if I get a new board I'll be able to continue my testing, then I'll post everything well explained.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I finally got it sorted.
Someone in the spanish Alfa Romeo forum sent me a damaged unit at no cost!
Amazing. Will do something to thank him, for sure.
This time it worked as it should!
Lossless bluetooth sound is amazing! :)
Some pics:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Brilliant work mate!

Reactions: DavidAlfa166
1 - 9 of 9 Posts