Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having owned several Fiats but always dreamt about getting an Alfa it is time to upgrade.
I have seriously researched the secondhand market and decided to focus on 2.0 Petrol versions, just have to find the right one.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After several months searching I finally bought a 147 2.0 TS, quite old but in fine condition and with low milage. Will get my first Alfa ever in the weekend, can't wait :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.
Congratulations on your 147 and on achieving you dream.
Enjoy the forum.
Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Impressions after first week as Alfa owner. I soon realized as an Alfa owner you have to accept a lot of the design stupidities

But who cares, it is a fantastic little beast, what a handling, what a lovely engine. Glad I didn't buy a 1.6, the 2.0 is stunning.
I look like an idiot when I am driving it, can't wipe that smile on my face :)

- Handbrake is hidden under the Armrest making it difficult to use it.
- Impossible to read the instruments while using sunglasses, dark pointer and black bacground. I guess those having white instruments don't have that problem
- Window switces are closer to my elbow than to my fingers, have to operate them with the opposite hand
- I mounted parking sensors this weekend and realized that the bumper is a joke, just a piece of thin plastic. Probably it won't survive even a the smallest bump.
- Another joke, the gloves compartment. Redigilous small, is fine for storing my sunglasses, not much room for anythinge else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts