Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'd like to request that the limit of 30 seconds between searches be taken off for paying members.

It's farcical trying to look things up using the advanced search when you can't spell :D

Can you make it just for the advanced search, the new posts based searches seem fine.

Cheers

Sean

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
I looked at the setting and sadly enough the time limit between searches is not usergroup related. If I bring the time down for everyone, it will be to hard for the server.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the setting and sadly enough the time limit between searches is not usergroup related. If I bring the time down for everyone, it will be to hard for the server.
I've had an idea, use google, everything should be indexed in google anyway.

Google Help : Search Features

:thumbs:

If you integrate the google api you can offload site searches onto google's database server :D

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

:)

EDIT: Just tested this and it actually works better and faster than AO's advanced search as more info is displayed and you can use google search strings with filters like AND OR NOT etc...

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
I've had an idea, use google, everything should be indexed in google anyway.
That's Ian's call :D

with filters like AND OR NOT etc...
You can use that on AO as well. Standard search is OR

Search for Twin Spark, you will get the results with the words Twin OR Spark
Search for +Twin +Spark, you will get the results with the words Twin AND Spark
Search for +Twin -Spark, you will get the results with the words Twin NOT Spark

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't know that, although I've tried different searches in the past with quotes, etc and it never seems to work as I expect.

Think i'll stick with google for the more complex stuff from now on, takes the load of AO after all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts