Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just scuffed my QV line alloys, it was my fault and I am gutted, what options have I got? It only a slight 1 inch scuff mark on the rim but it's understandably done my head in.

Has anybody used smart repair options and what sort of job do they do, any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Option 1 Learn to live with it. Sod's law says that as soon as you have spent good money on getting them refurbished they will get damaged again. I have a mark on one of mine caused by a flying stone kicked up by a passing vehicle. nothing I could have done about it. I just know that as soon as I get the various scuffs etc, collected over the last three years, repaired the alloys will collect some more.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Option 1 Learn to live with it. Sod's law says that as soon as you have spent good money on getting them refurbished they will get damaged again. I have a mark on one of mine caused by a flying stone kicked up by a passing vehicle. nothing I could have done about it. I just know that as soon as I get the various scuffs etc, collected over the last three years, repaired the alloys will collect some more.
I was just wondering if anybody had used any of the "smart repair solutions and if they were any good?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I knocked mine a couple of times and repaired them myself, by sanding the scratch, repairing with metal filler and repainting the area. They couldn't have been too bad, as nothing was said on the vehicle condition report when the car was picked up on Friday to go to auction.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you wanted to go down the 'smart repair' route, I'd recommend a company called Revive. Similar to the likes of Chipsaway, but much, much better. Chipsaway told me the one inch scuff on my QV alloys couldn't be repaired without re-doing the whole wheel. Revive were out within a couple of days and sorted it within an hour on my drive. There's always a 10% off voucher on their website as well. Cost about £55 iirc.

My repairer was in Lincoln and did a good job. As with a lot of these companies, I believe it's a franchise and the quality *may* vary depending on location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts