Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You just gotta love the Italians and their flair for style and patriotism. Scrimaglio wines do a fashion line of some of their product, for Alfa and Ducati among others. They released a limited run of 3000 Centenary Box Sets. All sold out on their site now. Problem with this set is would you ever actually want to consume the contents???

Attachments

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I brought one of these sets home from the centenary event in Milan. For now, the seals remain intact and the contents unmolested. The same cannot be said for the twin-bottle boxes acquired at the same time which were emptied over Christmas / New Year 2010 - and very nice they were too, :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Can't get their wines (any of them) anywhere in New Zealand. I am guessing their reds are simliar to Chianti region stuff, on the lighter to medium side?

Hey RomeoRaiderZ, is the box the centenary set comes in cardboard, or something a little more solid?

G

·
0 Posts
I have a bottle which I was given as a thank you by one of our Italian sales guys. Waiting for the right occasion to drink it! Will probably keep the bottle as well, like Marko.

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
I have a bottle which I was given as a thank you by one of our Italian sales guys. Waiting for the right occasion to drink it! Will probably keep the bottle as well, like Marko.
Indeed, I felt it had to be the right moment, which turned out to be correct. Did think about buying some, then Came to my senses and went down the local supermarket!

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
....... Hey RomeoRaiderZ, is the box the centenary set comes in cardboard, or something a little more solid?
Thin wooden construction with an overwrap of a black hessian-like material, then the decorative (and informative) labels stuck on top, :thumbs:.

·
Registered
34,479 Posts
Nice. Can't get their wines (any of them) anywhere in New Zealand. I am guessing their reds are simliar to Chianti region stuff, on the lighter to medium side?

Hey RomeoRaiderZ, is the box the centenary set comes in cardboard, or something a little more solid?
I'd swap a bottle of this for a Kiwi bottle of Shingle Peak any day.But the bottles themselves are great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts