Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something I never new - cheap screen wash causes the jets and filter on the pump to clog up (at least that's what a mechanic told me) so he said to empty the screen wash and put a kettle full of hot water through it. I also removed the jets and cleaned them with a pin and some thinners. Worked wonders I now finally have decent screen wash jets !

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Actually did this in the morning. As I changed the bonnet and the jets were poo and blocked.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not sure cheap screen wash blocks the system up as i've used the 99p shop stuff for years without issue,but i know that mixing different screen washes causes them to thicken and clump.
I have experienced this and so have work colleagues.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Water. Bit if fairy. I go through it in a few days with motorwat journey so doubt it has time to clog up.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Must admit I've never heard this before
Usually its grit in the nozzles that cause blockages
Another tip, if your washers don't seem to work is to make sure your steering wheel isn't adjusted all the way towards the instruments as it can trap the wiring, pulled mine out slightly and they worked again !

·
Registered
382 Posts
Over diluting the screenwash can cause issues because it allows bugs(like algae etc.) to grow in the tank and that can block filters and jets.
Washing up liquid cleans the screen brilliantly,but can help the dreaded tin worm take hold . . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts