Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled screen wash up yesterday and neither front or back are working. Wipers come on but no noises from pump.

Fuse is fine so had a look around filler bottle, going round the front of the bottle leading below the headlight unit are 3 cables joined together, one of them leads to a rectangular electrical connection which isn't connected to anything.
Does anyone have any ideas where this should be plugged in, or is it possible that it's an optional extra my car doesn't have and its just left unplugged?

Thanks for any ideas

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
817 Posts
Might be for headlamp washers if you don’t have them.
Not doubting you, but the fuse box drawing for under the dash in my manual is upside down so when I was checking for a busted fog light I looked at the wrong one.
Failing that, is there anything nearby that looks unplugged?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats fine happy to be doubted in case I've missed something the fuse is in the fuse box in engine bay.
It's not possible to see much in area under the headlight unit so hard to know if there is an socket under there.
I don't have headlight washers so you could be right, so it is the case that alfa would just put everything in and just leave it unplugged if the car wasn't fitted with them then?

·
Registered
817 Posts
They do; for example I’ve got wiring under the bonnet soundproofing for heated washer jets, but no heated jets. The cables just sit there. Pretty common it seems to fit a standard loom to all cars rather than making them model- and spec- specific.

I’ve just at looked at mine, which has no headlamp washers. There’s a fairly big empty connector hanging in the outside of the washer bottle - on the side towards the wing. I’m guessing it’s for headlamp washers if fitted.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that sounds like what I've found, was hoping it was going to be simple but am assuming it's going to be the pump in that case

Thanks for having a look and for your help

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:banghead:Isn't the search facility a wonderful thing to find out if questions have already been raised and answered
Yes it is, but sometimes threads do not come up on search results depending on what you search.
My apologies for only searching for threads relating to windscreen washers not working seeing as that's my issue.

Thanks for clearing that up anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts