Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car park gremlins have struck - dinged in the crease of the passenger door (no paint damage) and what looks like a bear clawed the driver door through the varnish (but not into the paint) - probably some shopper with a handbag that had buckles

am off to a decent paintshop to see if they can heal it

very sad. have these people no shame? not even a note on my windscreen ...:tut:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Gutted for you, I hate that.

Must admit the panels seem very thin on the G but probably just modern manufacturing methods to make the car lighter. I'm always worried when closing the tailgate where to push incase I cause a dint. Totally different coming from a Brera that were built like tanks but very heavy.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
sorry to hear the news.
i hope you get it sorted without too much trouble.

My dad's Stilo has gained 2 dents and a crease in the last week all on different doors. he's not happy either.
his is nearly 10 years old, but its still annoying when you never do it to anyone else's car and try to keep your car as perfect as possible.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
car park gremlins have struck - dinged in the crease of the passenger door (no paint damage) and what looks like a bear clawed the driver door through the varnish (but not into the paint) - probably some shopper with a handbag that had buckles

am off to a decent paintshop to see if they can heal it

very sad. have these people no shame? not even a note on my windscreen ...:tut:
Hate car parks, especially at places like Homebase. Had more nicks there than anywhere else.

·
Registered
33,701 Posts
It's sad but I always take the Multipla if theres likely to be any carpark risk involved.I get to work early to get a good space etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
really sorry to hear that david.

and sadly, people leaving a note is the exception rather than the rule.
i have to park my g on the street and i've got a large scratch across the front from some selfish idiots incompetent parking. i've just had to accept that it goes with the territory. both my 147s got really badly scratched in this way. i was amazed when one day someone left me a note apologising for scratching my car and they actually paid for the repairs. it restored my faith in humanity (for about 10 minutes).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts