Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i noticed i have a scratch on the inside of the windscreen just to the right from the drivers view.
I have no idea how this could have possibly happened.
Its about 2 inches in length and i can feel it with my finger nail.
Now i guess if it was the outside it could be attack with a machine polisher?
But what can i do to get rid of it in this location?

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,802 Posts
Anyone drives it who wears a diamond ring?....about the only think hard enough to scratch the inside of the screen.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Not much you can do I think. Does the Giulia have a screen that pops up as a heads-up-display? I saw the same sort of thing on another car with a pop-up heads up display screen and it had a scratch too. I assumed, like alfaitalia that someone with a diamond ring may have caused it. Perhaps trying to adjust, or clean the screen?

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce
550 Posts
You can get mini DA polishers for those harder to reach bits down to 2 inch I believe.
One of those with some compound might be suitable to buff out the scratch.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a strange one for sure, im the only driver and im not one for diamond rings.
My only guess is it may of been done by the 1st owner and only now the sun is starting to make an appearance i have noticed it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a windscreen replaced and the new one had a semi-circular scratch in the top left corner of the screen. My guess is that the installer used some kind of clamping tool that made the mark - so they replaced it again. I would see if there is any record of a replacement screen held by the dealer or Alfa Care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts