Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sad today. I have just put my beautiful black 166 super with grey momo leather as a deposit for a new punto evo sporting. The wife made me. It is going to get crushed. But i would never get 2 grand for it elsewhere. Please except my apologies alfaholics. I still have a lovely black 155 v6 though. :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
have a spare set of velor seats spare if youd be willing to swap them over...............I dont need leather as mine has them already, but id soon rather scrap mine and have leather in my garage............well maybes nyway. ts a shame tho, was it a 2.5?

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
I'll ask before a17esh does has it got a sat nav?

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,674 Posts
;)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
If it's a Super in "beautiful" condition, you should easily get £2,000 for it! Save the car and put it up for sale for someone to enjoy. Even if you get £1,800 for it, it would be nice to know it's not going to get binned. Mind you, on a selfish note, it does make mine that tiny bit rarer!!! Good luck with whatever decision you make!

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
It's stories like this that really wind me up about the scrappage deal. Apart from the waste of a perfectly good car, how is it good for the environment?

·
Registered
303 Posts
It's stories like this that really wind me up about the scrappage deal. Apart from the waste of a perfectly good car, how is it good for the environment?
The same as me, its a false thought that ohhh I can get 2K off my new car through the scrappage scheme, if you haggle with a dealer you'd get the same deal off the rrp of a new car, its such a shame 'our' gov has made people think this way about buying a new car, its false econonmy and its a false deal, using tax payers money, and not to mention the loss of another rare engineering build.........................sorry to rant but the whole scrapage scheme is another political bumkin nonscences paid for by the tax payer to achive 'pretend' green politacal status. These cars are rare enough without scrapage schemes and narrow views making them rarer.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
poor excuse,

crush her instead and save even more money:D

Yeah, but would he get £2k for her if he did?!

I know how you all feel. My "old" 164 came within a hair's breadth of being crushed to finance my wife's new Qashqai, but in the end, we had a few snowy weeks before Christmas and she went for a second hand X-Trail instead.

Yes, the whole scheme is simply "window dresing" for the manufacturers - in fact, it's really only for the dealers, because most of the cars bought under the scrappage scheme won't have been designed and built in the UK! I'd be more willing to believe the "green" credentials if they had added provisos like only being able to get a car with lower CO2 emissions (or engine size if no data exists) than the one you're crushing. As it is, you can still scrap a 10 year old Micra to buy a Range Rover Sport!

As an aside, I can second bobda's post. I discussed this with the dealer at the time and he told me that it only needed tax & MOT. He didn't care if I took him a bare shell on the back of a trailer as long as it had the right papers and a tax disc!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im gutted that i have to do this to a beautiful car that i love. I have spent thousands on her and spent many hours refurbishing parts, which is a labour of love. At the end of last summer i spent £630 on a clutch. She has done 107,000 sounds awesome and has never let me down. But im not loaded and have two small kids. It all adds up. Once things have been finalised with my new car, if there is time i will let u guys swap parts. The wheels are like new. did em myself. grey momo leather. k&n filter. Lots of parts EVERYTHING works. If your willing to come and swap its all free.;)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Im gutted that i have to do this to a beautiful car that i love. I have spent thousands on her and spent many hours refurbishing parts, which is a labour of love. At the end of last summer i spent £630 on a clutch. She has done 107,000 sounds awesome and has never let me down. But im not loaded and have two small kids. It all adds up. Once things have been finalised with my new car, if there is time i will let u guys swap parts. The wheels are like new. did em myself. grey momo leather. k&n filter. Lots of parts EVERYTHING works. If your willing to come and swap its all free.;)
Thats very decent of you! The alfa does cost a lt to maintain and run! Where abouts do you live?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts