Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Promises to be a fantastic day out, there will also be testing on the Saturday 18th.

Read More HERE

The Alfa Romeo entries are planning to take up a section of the paddock, the more support the better, pop along and have a chat.

I'll post more detail closer to the event.... possibly bbq on the saturday evening :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roll up Roll up

Should be a cracking weekend, I believe you can wander in for free on Saturday to watch the testing sessions in the afternoon.

Sunday should be excellent with a full 32 car field in the Classic's, the complete itinary is below.

Scottish Motor Racing Club

Classic Speedfair July 19th
Race Programme and Timetable

Sign-on and Scrutineering from 07.45

Qualifying qualifying Scrutineering sign on
Scottish Formula Ford Championship. 08.30 (10 mins)7.50 till 8.10 07.45
Scottish Classic Sports and Saloons 08.45 (10 Mins) 8.10 till 8.30 08.00
Irish / BRSCC Formula Ford Championships 09.00 (10 Mins) 8.30 till 08.50 08.15
Scottish Mini Coopers (2 driver race) . 09.15 (20 mins) 8.50 till 9.10 08.30 Grattan and Hynds Scottish Legends Cars 09.40 (6 laps) 8.45 till 9.15* 08.45
Sir Jackie Stewart Trophy Formula Fords (Odd nos) 09.50 (10 Mins) 9.10 till 9.30 09.00
Sir Jackie Stewart Trophy Formula Fords (Even nos) 10.05 (10 Mins) 9.10 till 9.30 09.00
Racing starts 10.25am

Race 1 Grattan and Hynds Scottish Legends Cars Championship (Race 1) 8 Laps
Race 2 Scottish Formula Ford Championship 12 Laps
Race 3 Scottish Classic Sports and Saloon Championship. (Race 1) 12 Laps
Race 4 Irish / BRSCC FF Championships (Race 1) 12 Laps
Single Seater Libre cars demonstration 11.50 – 12.10 and Bi Plane landing on circuit (back straight) 12.20 Racing Restarts 12.30
Race 5 Grattan and Hynds Scottish Legends Cars Championship (Race 2) 8 laps
Race 6 Irish / BRSCC FF Championships Race 2) 12 laps
Lunch 1.10- 2.15

1.15 Bi Plane take off 1.20 -1.30 Bi Plane demonstration and 1.20 - 2.15 track parades and Rally Shoot out Racing Starts 2.15

Race 7 Sir Jackie Stewart Trophy FF Qualifying Heat 10laps
Race 8 Sir Jackie Stewart Trophy FF Qualifying Heat 10 laps
Race 9 Scottish Classic Sports and Saloon Championship (Race 2) 15 laps
Race 10 Scottish Mini Cooper Endurance 2 drivers 30 Laps
Race 11 Grattan and Hynds Scottish Legends Cars Championship Final (Race 3) 10 laps
Race 12 Sir Jackie Stewart Trophy FF Final. 15 Laps
Mini Car Parade and Classic Cars Parade (4.45 - 5.45)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I'm hoping to be there too! :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
i'll check tonight mate, i cant access ao email just now. Or try p17sut at yahoo.co.uk

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
See anyone there, I'll be leaving soon! :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Not a bad event, even with the few heavy showers.
Good to see you and your GTV complete with AO stickers Rodger.
Only other AO member I saw was Franco with his 328.
The Merak was my car of the day, and the new 599 is some size!
Cheers
Philip :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very much so! Likewise, I was nice to meet you also. I hope the 2 races went OK. I certainly enjoyed watching the Alfas doing what they do best!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very much so! Likewise, I was nice to meet you also. I hope the 2 races went OK. I certainly enjoyed watching the Alfas doing what they do best!
I had two good races, lots to come from my car next year.... this season is my first, it's all about improving in small steps, I knocked 2 seconds off my best time this weekend which is a giant step BUT that was having had some work done on the carbs.

Through the winter the car will be getting stripped down and rebuilt to some extent, new engine will be the biggest change as the one i'm running at present is a little tired.

You can find the remaining events HERE for this season, I look forward to meeting up with you again at some point.

Oh and don't forget the AROC track night at Knockhill on the 7th August.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I had two good races, lots to come from my car next year.... this season is my first, it's all about improving in small steps, I knocked 2 seconds off my best time this weekend which is a giant step BUT that was having had some work done on the carbs.

Through the winter the car will be getting stripped down and rebuilt to some extent, new engine will be the biggest change as the one i'm running at present is a little tired.

You can find the remaining events HERE for this season, I look forward to meeting up with you again at some point.

Oh and don't forget the AROC track night at Knockhill on the 7th August.
Yes, I intend going to the track night. Should be good, but I won't be taking my car on track :) Well done in getting better times. It must be a good feeling when these things happen. Hopefully, the work on your car will only go to improve things more. I semi reguarly attended SMRC events at Knockhill, but the speedfair was my first this year. Time allowing, I hope to get along to more this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts