Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Scottish Italian Car Day returning tp the calendar in 2007? I have missed the last 2 years events due to cars being written off and holidays. Want to get it in the diary early.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah - usually in May at Craigtoun Park, St. Andrews.

Big dilemma for me this year - the ALFA GTV V6 as usual or my new FIAT Panda 100HP runaround:confused:

Suppose it depends on wether I'm serious about selling the GTV this year.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
H14 GTV said:
Yeah - usually in May at Craigtoun Park, St. Andrews.

Big dilemma for me this year - the ALFA GTV V6 as usual or my new FIAT Panda 100HP runaround:confused:

Suppose it depends on wether I'm serious about selling the GTV this year.:rolleyes:
Hope to see you there again this year David, whether in the Panda or GTV. :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
jamieboy said:
I seen your RZ there last year.

A Merc driving mate who goes with me is amazed that as soon as I open a bonnet people wearing hats start looking in it!

If its on and not the weekend of the 5th or the 26th I'll be there, probably have the 147 and the 159.

The 156 looks too embaressing now due to its daily driver scuffing the corners off it..

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Scottish Italian Day is May 27th 2007 this year- Craigtoun Park again.
Unfortuantely, it seems that specific parking will be at a premium and may not be all that people hope for. However, I'll keep checking this thread, so if you're coming along, please put your name down and I'll see if I can get an area allocated for AO.

Check my other thread for Knockhill info.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Not really bothered where I park, as long as the behemoth that is trhe 159 doesnt get stuck in the mud - like the 164's always seem to...

·
0 Posts
I emailed alfascot and this is the reply,

The event is open to everyone.
The charge for park access also allows enterance to the Italian Car Show.
We hope to have some exotica as well as much other often forgotten about Italian cars.
Best to be along for about 11am.

There will also be extra catering or perhaps you may just wish to take along a picnic?

Regards

Alasdair Morrison

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
You should start a "new event" inputting the date so that this gets flagged nearer the time. Members can also subscribe for reminders :)

I am not telling you what to do, just offering options :) When you have done this, ask Bigfoot to merge the threads :)

AO

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looking foward to attending my first event as I still feel a bit like an Alfa virgin.
p17sut-where in the kingdom are you?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i missed last year's event, i can't remember why, i think it clashed with an american car event ?

currently alfaless, so i'll hopefully attend as a spectator at least, depends if i pick one up first.

i saw p17 sut heading up towards crossgates a few days ago, car was looking good.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
i missed last year's event, i can't remember why, i think it clashed with an american car event ?

currently alfaless, so i'll hopefully attend as a spectator at least, depends if i pick one up first.

i saw p17 sut heading up towards crossgates a few days ago, car was looking good.
Cheers, it prob would have been my other half, but yes in Crossgates, Dunfirmline area, Leven or Cupar it can be spotted! :)

I will be at the show, not missed one for a few years.....a good day out for all! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
all these fifers naming places i know!!! wonder if any of you have waved to me female red gtv d12 mmm ???/ if not why lol

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I won't be going again.

I have been for the last few years and it is about as interesting as walking around a carpark. As usual, all of the clubby types hee haw away with their pals but I am not prepared to keep paying for them to do so.

Make it interesting and find a venue that is not in a field of mud.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as i said at the start of the thread i am going along and am looking forward to it. not too bothered if nobody speaks to me as i like to stare at beautiful cars in peace although the lady will probably be giving it the "i am cold" statement unless there is a Gallardo for her to dream about.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.