Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alfaowner AOSS & AONS GT Meet Sunday August 25th 2013

Venue: The Perth Aerodrome Scone Nr Perth

Our Hosts The Scottish Aero Club http://www.scottishaeroclub.org.uk/viewpage.php?page_id=1

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=perth+aerodrome&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
http://www.wheelinnperth.co.uk/wheel-inn/home/wheel-inn.html

Following the very successful UK National GT Meet back in April http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/meets-and-events-images/376064-national-gt-2013-meet-best-of-award-photo-thread.html I Am Pleased To Announce An Opportunity To Gather Together Scotland's Proud GT Owners.

The Perth Aerodrome is centrally located and within 2/3 hours of both AOSS & AONS members however the meet is of course open to all GT owners across the UK. On the day we have been granted use of the club rooms and weather permitting access to the apron where there will be some incredible photo opportunities.

After our meet at the Aerodrome I propose some nosh at the Wheel Inn in Scone a restaurant that has welcomed other motoring clubs in the past. Once I have an idea of numbers I will take care of the booking. The full menu is available to view on the link above.

Meet point for AOSS for the run to Perth will be the Showcase Cinema Complex off the A8/M8 for 9.30am. Members from the East are welcome to join us perhaps closer to home if that suits better.

Meet Point and meet time for AONS tba ....looking for some help with this one please :confused::confused:

SAC expect us to arrive around midday so no need for belting up or down the road...:)

If anyone is interested in a flight experience/trial lesson on the day this can be arranged in conjunction with ACS Flight Training http://www.acsflighttraining.co.uk/ . In the first instance please send me a Private Message and I will forward contact details to you so this can be arranged. ACS Flight Training is operated by a friend of mine whom I have known for many years.

Really hoping for a good turnout for this one , we had 17 GTs for the National Meet and parked up together was nothing short of a spectacle. :cool:

Please register your interest ASAP on the RSVP below. I will update the event thread periodically with updates as they come in .....

Do hope this is of interest particularly to new members on board , please don't be shy , great bunch of guys in here......:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flight Experience is now available. Please see main post above :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superb .....5 GTs lined up already:D....I have invited AROC members, tweeted, fbooked, and sent PMs .....this is gonna be a great day !

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U have 5 more than ours......looking more like a cancellation for us :eek: :rant:
Surprising Mike, would have thought there would be interest . Still enough time to re- invent , perhaps a one day meet might be an idea...up to eight now for the Scottish meet which is brilliant , hoping for double figures ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The flight experience available on the day is in fact a twenty minute "trial lesson" ....you will take control of the aircraft ( no loop the loops ) :eek:

An exciting "must do" opportunity .....I had a shot a few years back , it's an incredible experience. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok ...just a month to go :) ....Do I have every Scottish alfaowner GT on-board ? I think not :rolleyes:.....mine in tomorrow for surgery , had a wee accident ....:(

·
Registered
960 Posts
Not sure if there is any possibility of being on the mainland on the 25th but I will see what I can do....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Unfortunately her indoors is working that weekend so it looks like a no from me :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting some work done on GT , rear bumper repair and respray , rear quarter panel same and some sill work. Needs a lot more specially stone chips but cannot afford it all at the moment ....will be looking a bit better for the day ! Been a few days at 9 GTs attending , sure we can get some more ! Please note guests to the site with GTs are more than welcome , why not register today with alfaowner and add your name to the list. Membership is free once you learn to navigate the site it's a mine of information .............;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Getting some work done on GT , rear bumper repair and respray , rear quarter panel same and some sill work. Needs a lot more specially stone chips but cannot afford it all at the moment ....will be looking a bit better for the day ! Been a few days at 9 GTs attending , sure we can get some more ! Please note guests to the site with GTs are more than welcome , why not register today with alfaowner and add your name to the list. Membership is free once you learn to navigate the site it's a mine of information .............;)
Hey Stu,
Do you have a flyer made up that could be attached to random GT's?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts