Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just ordered a Scorpion Decat for the GT as my current cat section has a snapped stud and doesn't seal well. Rather than spend hours drilling it out and then cleaning the mating face so that it seals I have decided to get a Scorpion decat section instead. At only £130 it seemed rude not to.

The rest of the exhaust system is completely stock and I plan to do a rolling exhaust upgrade (front pipes next, Silenced backbox (wizard), then manicats). Can I expect much/any increases from just doing a decat?

When I do replace my Manicats I will put the old cat section back in as I have no intention to do a full decat so when this happens I will resell the decat section.

Cheers,

·
Vendor
46,349 Posts
If its one of the four front studs on the cat, they're splined so you can heat up the flange and then tap the broken half of the stud out with a punch.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dan.

I have tried several progressivly larger hammers and even a makeshift screwpress and it aint budging. I have resigned myself to the fact it will need drilling out. Not a problem as I have done it before but given how much work I have put in, I would rather not do that this weekend.

I'll give your trick a try when I get the wizards and put those cat's back in.#

Cheers,

·
Vendor
46,349 Posts
2 minutes with an oxy-acetylene torch on the flange and they tap right out, I'd just wander round to a local garage and see if they'll heat it for you if you don't have your own gas supply. I'm not a fan of mid decats, they don't do anything for performance from what I've seen and they tend to add resonance to the exhaust rather than make it sound nicer.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I't now on, So exhaust is 100% stock apart from this pipe. I haven't been able to listen long but so far, I like it.

A little rasp at 2500rpm but that's it so far. The rest of the exhaust sounds the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts