Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idly curious

Had a scooby climbing in the boot this afternoon, but when we got to clear road he couldn't or didn't want to keep up. I know the GTV turbo's have good 30 -70 times but wasn't expecting what I saw - adios muchachos pretty much, so I was curious to know what they do.

Cheers

Bryan

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Most older Impreza's are bought by chav's and neglected thus generally perform quite crap. Also the UK Turbo 2000's weren't *that* fast as standard to begin with.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Idly curious

Had a scooby climbing in the boot this afternoon, but when we got to clear road he couldn't or didn't want to keep up. I know the GTV turbo's have good 30 -70 times but wasn't expecting what I saw - adios muchachos pretty much, so I was curious to know what they do.

Cheers

Bryan
Which Model Year was it, if you know? And model type? WRX, Sti? May have been a 2 litre Sport if you cained it that easily...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never clocked the back of it, so I don't really know. Didn't really clock the number plate either, was concentrating on driving! but it was a pre 'bug eye' scooby..it kept up for a while but once I got into my stride turbo wise it was gone. Guess it was a lesser scooby

G

·
Not having a 'pop' here but why do folk assume other cars want to race? :confused:
I see a lot of these 'I wupped His ***' type threads & wondered what the 'rules' are? - I have 'fun' with other cars, don't get me wrong, but AFAIK there has never been in a situation where it is an 'all out race' with another marque :confused:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I had a race with a TT the other day and lost, i didn't need any signal to know the game was on, it was hairy man instinct. Oh how i wish i hadn't been goaded into flinging my car up a hill at warp speed my gearbox hasn't been right since.:(

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Not having a 'pop' here but why do folk assume other cars want to race? :confused:
I see a lot of these 'I wupped His ***' type threads & wondered what the 'rules' are? - I have 'fun' with other cars, don't get me wrong, but AFAIK there has never been in a situation where it is an 'all out race' with another marque :confused:
i did when i had my stilo, against a lad in a modded 106 rallye 1.6. that was an all out war, up too *ahem* speeds:lol:

hill didnt like it and i won just, was very very close, one of those tunnel vision moments where we could have quite easily passed a copper without noticing. not one of my proudest moments but was a rush i must admit.

·
Premium Member
77,412 Posts
I had a race with a TT the other day and lost, i didn't need any signal to know the game was on, it was hairy man instinct. Oh how i wish i hadn't been goaded into flinging my car up a hill at warp speed my gearbox hasn't been right since.:(
was the TT being towed?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Well sorry it came across that way :(

Is there a secret 'wink' at traffic lights or something :confused:

I wish more folk would take it to a track TBH <-- now that's a 'pop' ;)
yep, track only for me now, i was 22, just got the stilo and he was on the inside lane, and i hate when they try and race, so got my toe down too, and before you know it, testosterone kicks in, typical male "know one give in" type, and you end up being the stupidest **** on the planet, coz your dropping yourself to their level.

learnt the hard way. tracks are far more fun and safer, keep it off the raods people:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Scoobies vary widely in performance from seriously quick to all show and not a lot of go. The first of the "Bug eyed" WRX's got beaten 0-100 by a 172 Clio in evo mag.
A new shape WRX tried to pull away from me on the M way last week and the GTA just went straight past it.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Don't worry Jon, I know what you mean and feel the same.

Half the time you wonder if the other guy even knew there was a 'race' on or was using 100% of his cars potential. It's almost like a Top Gear-type thing - I can hear Clarkson trumpeting "Look, my 1.2 Punto is faster than a Ferrari Enzo!!" Of course it is...if the Enzo is in 1st and the Punto is flat out in top.

I occaisionally have a random car fly past me in a wild overtaking gambit and wonder if the driver thought we were racing...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Which Model Year was it, if you know? And model type? WRX, Sti? May have been a 2 litre Sport if you cained it that easily...
my electric tooth bush would pan a Sport, arent they 115bhp? a mate of mind had a T reg one, handy in the corners but useless otherwise

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
my electric tooth bush would pan a Sport, arent they 115bhp? a mate of mind had a T reg one, handy in the corners but useless otherwise
early 115, but think later they were 130 or 140, but still, the weight of the 4wd system makes them dog slow, i nearly ran up the **** of one expecting it to go, but it didnt:lol:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK seems like I fired up the wrong impression here, I'm not one for stupidity on the road at all, but this car had been less than 10 metres off my back bumper for several miles... BoulderMobileAni.gif

G

·
Vela - I do apologise for perhapas taking this out of context :eek: - am familiar with the type that you are talking about though - a 'boot inspector' that can mostly be seen in the right hand mirror :tut:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Vela - I do apologise for perhapas taking this out of context :eek: - am familiar with the type that you are talking about though - a 'boot inspector' that can mostly be seen in the right hand mirror :tut:
i get ones you can only see in the rear view mirror:eek:

even then i can only see half, and i cant see their face:mad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Idly curious

Cheers

Bryan
Aha! Classic Impreza racing symptoms! Seen this a number of times myself.

Scooby spends 10 minutes up bumper in 3rd gear, full boost, then owner realises he's emptied his tank doing so, backs off and limps to the nearest Esso at 20mph. :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Aha! Classic Impreza racing symptoms! Seen this a number of times myself.

Scooby spends 10 minutes up bumper in 3rd gear, full boost, then owner realises he's emptied his tank doing so, backs off and limps to the nearest Esso at 20mph. :thumbs:
They have the wankest engines known the mankind:lol: Not only do you have to use BP Ultimate or similar but most add extra fuel additives to prolong the life of their chocolate pistons.:lol: They actually make Alfa engines seem well...... reliable! There are very few Impreza P1's left that haven't melted the engine around the 60k mark.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts