Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... just wondering.

I'll have to start or finish in London as I need to stop off at Autodelta for half a day.

Cheap is always good as we're not rich by far so no 400 pound nights in a haunted manor with a bath filled with 12 year old malt (which would be a shame).

Any suggestions?
Things not to miss?
Things to avoid at more or less all cost?
I've never been but the pictures look wonderful and the climate should be :thumbs: as it apparently never rains!

She likes gardens, I like whisky.
I like to drive winding B-roads, she not so much. We'll have to strike a balance.

Initial thinking: cross the Chanel and spend a couple of days in London with my brother, deal with Autodelta.
Take 2 or 3 days to drive up North without haste and the top down.

Spend 7/8 days in Scotland.

Drive home over 2/3 days taking a different route..

S

·
0 Posts
There are some cracking thread routes in the Schotland lounges.

Although if you're here end of August Edinburgh for the festival is a must. Comedy (lots of), theatre, music.

Try https://www.edfringe.com/ to see if there's anything you fancy and plan the rest of your trip around that.

Plus the festival fireworks display on the last Sunday in August, I think, is pretty amazing.

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have tickets to see these guys
Those go on the list for sure!

We resort to black market midge defence. ;)
Haggis?

50% DEET (or the Avon lady), light clothes, long sleeves, no mini-skirts, windy areas and bright sunshine. That and the midge control app should limit the damages.

I could decide to go later - Midges should have left for the Carribean and better weather by the end of September if the Internet is correctly informed.

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
... and the Scotland GT meet if I make it in time (Scotland first, Autodelta on the way back)...

But I'll be in the GT, most likely...

S

·
0 Posts
Once the midges go we all hibernate.

Stick to August and try the Festival. Gardens and distilleries nearby. ;)

Midges are less of a problem in cities too. Bonus.

S

·
0 Posts
... and the Scotland GT meet if I make it in time (Scotland first, Autodelta on the way back)...

But I'll be in the GT, most likely...
Blueswater are playing at the Jazz club that night. :thumbs:

I can confirm that I am not on commission for ticket sales. :p

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's see what I can come up with - this is starting to develop into something serious now :)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I'm biased but take a run up the east neuk of Fife (the bit after Leven which is - as we say - a bit of a midden)

If the weather is gorgeous then it's very memorable

1 - 20 of 29 Posts