Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm not deciding who is taking their kids to school unnecessarily I don't know everybody's circumstances. However, there is a bus service around here and I'm entitled to wonder why people aren't using it.
But aren't they equally entitled to wonder why you don't use it?

Depends whether or not they have an alternative. I don't.
So you have a six-minute car journey to work, but no alternative means of getting there? How about a push bike?

Absolutely not. However, I don't make my unnecessary journeys during rush hour.
Well you may not be aware of this, but schools open at 9am, which means journeys to them are necessarily during rush hour. On the other side of the coin, it means people like me are then commuting to work after 9am, i.e. outside rush hour and not getting in your way on your journey.

Adjective – Not necessary; needless.
Yes I can read a dictionary. What I meant is how do YOU define "unnecessary" because getting kids to school before 9am is certainly necessary and not done just for fun.

E

·
0 Posts
Anybody has the same right to use the roads as anybody else, and at any time. If I want to drive at 08.30 or 17.30 for any reason, or for no reason, I don't need anyone's approval to do that.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
The kids should take the bus, or walk. I had to.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
But aren't they equally entitled to wonder why you don't use it?
I don't need a school bus.

So you have a six-minute car journey to work, but no alternative means of getting there? How about a push bike?
I could take my bike, but I need my car when I get there.

Well you may not be aware of this, but schools open at 9am, which means journeys to them are necessarily during rush hour.
I'm well aware of this.

On the other side of the coin, it means people like me are then commuting to work after 9am, i.e. outside rush hour and not getting in your way on your journey.
I never said I considered your journey to be unnecessary.

Yes I can read a dictionary. What I meant is how do YOU define "unnecessary" because getting kids to school before 9am is certainly necessary and not done just for fun.
It's not necessary if there's a bus. My point is not that people shouldn't be allowed to drive their kids to school, it's just that if there's a viable alternative, they should use it.

My initial post was expressing surprise at how much difference half term makes to traffic, when I had previously assumed that the traffic had nothing to do with kids. This led me to wonder why it should make so much of a difference when there are buses that can be used.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts