Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're big kids here at my house - both my Fiancée and I have a massive Lego secret pleasure - stemming from childhood mainly and seeing as we both have most 'things' that we want, we end up buying toys for each others birthdays/xmas etc.

For the last few years I have been buying her the Lego 'high street'. We now have 4 of the available 5 models, just missing the fire station.

Im always astonished with the level of detail and ingenuity with these models - they are detailed on the interiors too, with each level being individually removable so that you can peer inside.

Not the best pictures, as light in the room is pretty crappy, but could take more if anyone is interested in this stuff?

The sets are around 2000pcs each and usually take her about 10hrs to assemble over 2-3 days.

My latest toy last week was the Emerald Express, to go along with my powered Freight Train. I still have all my serious Technic models built up from the 90s too.

So come on, any other closet Lego geeks out there/ :)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Great stuff :thumbs:

Am still a big fan of Lego at nearly 40 years old :D

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Both my boys are now apparently to old for Lego as xmas presents.....:cry: So I've had to stop buying it!

That is a pretty awesome collection.

·
Registered
26,131 Posts
Excellent - I used to be in the Mecano camp - my brother used to be the Lego man. Still got a big Ego as well :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hoping for a few days of bad weather over Christmas so I can break out the Technic sets I've picked up in the sales the last couple of years. You're never too to play with Lego :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
LEGO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have the F1 car? Would love to build that!

Also love the fact that the E in HOTEL in second pic is backwards because when driving up the road from other way it spells correctly but from other end it is backword!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I had the original Lego Technics F1 Chassis, I gave all my Lego away a few years ago, sometimes I regret it... :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
i still have the technic f1 car in the loft somewhere, along with some other technic and loads of the lego city stuff. was there more than one f1 car over the years, mine is red with black wings.
whenever i see lego it brings back great memories. always wanted the technic JCB :cool:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres a few of my other kits - luckily weve got a games room up in the attic so its no problem to store it all 'built up'.

Emerald Night and commuter train - fully remote control :)

R2D2:

Off roader, with adjustable remote suspension, working headlights and so on:

NXT robot:

Huge bulldozer - again remote control and it can drag a reasonable weight behind it :)

And a smaller earth mover:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Fantastic :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I got this one Christmas and opened it to find my grandad and my mum had built the engine because, and I quote...

"we thought it would be too difficult for you"

853 PKW

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I got this one Christmas and opened it to find my grandad and my mum had built the engine because, and I quote...

"we thought it would be too difficult for you"

853 PKW
Thats the one I had! Brilliant fun. Learnt all about busting gearboxes on that car. Get one cog and gear not quite in line and Boom! The gear box blew up, literally.

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
I used to be really into Lego when I was younger.

I used to build model racing cars. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

However I do still have most of my Lego, and one of these days I will dig it out.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated the highstreet with a few more buildings - the Fire Station and the Town Hall:

Also built the VW Microbus today :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts