Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the last AROC mag - you know the bits that you don't read the first time!
Appartently there's a new mito out called the sprint:thumbs:
Unfortunately it comes with a 1.4 petrol OR 1.3 Diesel engine:cry:
Guess what they only have 95BHP:lol:
So when you fly by them don't forget to do the "L" sign on your forehead:cheese:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Noooo I would never do that ! Not cool mocking a fellow alfisti :tut:

....however, if thats a Merc Kompressor, or a BMW X5, people who think their cars are super fast, I do enjoy reminding them that they are driving donkeys :lol:

I need to say that it amazed me how easily I passed a 3ltr turbo BMW X5 with my 33 ! Being in the X5 you feel that it pulls like hell, but actually the pull is misleading ! Maybe it has to do with the weight of it .
When we tested them with a friend, my 33 got in front WAYYYY too easy !

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understand where your comming from supercharged, but when I was a "lad" the idea of owning an Alfa was to "kick ***"
unfortunately I think were going down the road of "green" and I think other cars are better at it, so why don't we stay with the david versus goliath:thumbs:
After all if the co2 tax is slightly higher for an Alfa to a VW then so be it:lol:

G

·
I don't think its about how fast you can go, not if you want to keep yer licence anyway?!.... For me driving / owning an alfa is about the heart and soul of the car, the style and the companies love for the heart of the car, the engine, alongside superb handing etc. I don't see why you have to be the fastest to be the best, just my opinion I know but thought I would offer it. Personally I consider any alfa designed and made after 1986 to be a fiat anyway, it cannot really be considered in my eyes anything other as current models are always designed using parts from the fiat parts bin. That doesn't mean to me that they not good cars but to me and a lot of other owners of older alfa models they are really a fiat with an alfa badge on them, in my eyes and a few others anyway.....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok lets all go buy a fiat an save £1000's I DON'T THINK SO:lol:
yes maybe a Alfa is a "upgraded Fiat"
BUT Does That really make a bugati an VW???
My 156 is NO Tipo:cheese:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have also seen that in the AROC magazine, and if I can recall correct the Mito Sprint is also offered with the 1.4 lt petrol with 135bhp. So the 95bhp is just a cheap entry to attract ladies that are attracted by the looks and are not much interested about performance

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
depends how you look at it really.
I reply to those who make fun of me for owning Alfa's, that they are not for everyone ;)

I know a few people, including myself, who would take their Alfa's by themselves and go on a road trip in the middle of the night !
Never heard anyone say : "Last night I took my Prius and drove up the mountains ! I really enjoyed it ! "

You can buy a fast Alfa by the same means that you can buy a slow Porsche ! A 20 year old 33 will beat the [email protected] out of a Porsche Boxster any time, but a 911 GT will do the same to a 156 GTA !

Wanna be fast ? Get an 8C ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make no fun of an "old" alfa, but I'm worried that the new ones are too "soft"
Unfortunately that also goes for the 8c as it's not allowed to compete with "other" FIAT brands.
Or do we say "it looks nice" and don't look at the racing history??????

G

·
i like an alfa for being an alfa.

spent most of the day in my 147JTD and loved it. perfect for modern trafic conditions where you are restricted by other trafic :rant:

climate control so you never have to mess about with the heater setting when going through towns or speeding up :cool:

used an indcently small amout of fuel :cool:

4 of us in comfort plus a boot full of sud gearbox :D

cruise control for the lazy times on the motorway stretches, actually works very well and makes the longer strecthes of no real movements bearable :cool:

still love giving a sud a good blast round a quiet twisty back road though ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The MiTo Sprint as I understand it is a special in support of the british olympic aspirations....

In my view the had better get fiddling with the DNA :)

Oh and give our Jess Ennis an 8c, she'd look fabulous in one of those with the top down :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
You can buy a fast Alfa by the same means that you can buy a slow Porsche ! A 20 year old 33 will beat the [email protected] out of a Porsche Boxster any time, but a 911 GT will do the same to a 156 GTA !

I've never raced a Porche Boxter but if our humble 33s can take one of these out then we've got the bargain of the century!

Wanna be fast ? Get an 8C ;)
Indeed! Or a Skyline or a 911 or an RS6 or an M5 and the list goes on!

For me it's all about how I feel about my car. It quite a novelty on our UK roads, it handles well and makes a great noise. As Supercharged (Chris) says, I would certainly be found balsting mine around at night for the fun of it. There's always going to be a faster car - even amousgt our 33s. I just enjoy mine.

G

·
Just read the last AROC mag - you know the bits that you don't read the first time!
Appartently there's a new mito out called the sprint:thumbs:
Unfortunately it comes with a 1.4 petrol OR 1.3 Diesel engine:cry:
Guess what they only have 95BHP:lol:
So when you fly by them don't forget to do the "L" sign on your forehead:cheese:
Charming.

Have you not seen the advert here on AO for the MiTo "Sprint"
trim-level then? :confused: ======================================>

:lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
47,023 Posts
As light hearted as the intention may have been - I don't think we want threads on here that are all about judging people on what model of Alfa they drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.