Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was kind on the fence about this car. I didnt think it was much of a jump design wise from the alfa until last night that is. Was in ASDA Quesslett when I spotted a lone 159. The profile was amazing. I had to park next to it.

The car park was empty so I parked next to and in front of it to compare both. Luckily my 156 was the same sterling silver as the 159.

The 159 looked better from every angly. It really is the spiritual successor to the 156, just like the 56 was to the 159. The DNA is all over it. The Proportions of the car was just right, I used to think the 156 was to narrow and this really did look the case next to the 159. It is a bigger car but more A4 big rather than S60 big.

The car oozes quality. Looks so evil and menacing. Reminded me of He-mans tiger :D

The interior looks great as well. Very driver hugging and tight by the looks of it. The car appeared to be a left hand drive with i think italian or german plates. Was it yours?

Well done alfa. It shall be mine in 3 years :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Re: Saw my first 156 up close :D

Going to work the other night, i could tell what car it was coming towards me from a long way off in the dark, with little street lighting, well it could have been a Brera, but it was a 159, looked great even in the dark.:cool:

Stu:D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

Still yet to see one myself.

·
Banned
1,680 Posts

I've seen a couple on the road.

seen more breras tbh :eek:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts

Yeah, I've seen two or three Breras.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts

I've seen 3 Brera's and 2 159s

·
Registered
29,280 Posts

i too have seen more breras than 159's but i did get a really good look at a 159 on the road for the first time last week. i've seen a couple parked up and one or two pass in the other direction but i was behind and alongside this one (greyish silver colour 2.2 jts) for about 10 minutes on the way into town. i have to say it looked absolutely superb, WAY better than in pictures - big flared wheelarches, wide-set stance, very cool. even got the alfa "nod" from the driver:cool:

the only thing i wasn't too keen on was the slightly high looking ride height when seen from the side - can't wait to see a lowered and be-skirted "ti" :cool:

PS @ stuartalfa - long time no see, good to see you back:)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Brera front spoiler and wing mirrors are different from 159s. From all other angles it should be quite obvious!!
:D

I see loads of 159s! Maybe the Yorkshire dealers are doing some good deals?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

PaulR said:
Am I the only one that can't tell the difference between a Brera and a 159 from a casual glance? .
Like Rick says the wing mirrors are different, but the easiest thing to see is the front airdam. The Brera has two vertical strakes in the airdam but the 159 doesn't. Less obvious, the shield doesn't reach the bottom on the Brera but it does on the 159, and on the Brera there's a little kick outwards in the spoiler heading towards the front wheels but on the 159 it's flat.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I can't say that I think the 159 is half as impressive today as the 156 was when it appeared.

Furthermore, it disappoints me that the 159 isn't a vast improvement on the 156 in any department. I couldn't be persuaded to choose the 159, when replacing my 156 SW. Indeed, I actually prefer the looks of the 156 even today!!!

I spent a while looking aroung for a nice heavily discounted 156SW GTA, before finally settling on the Brera...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am getting a 159 hopefully next week, but I have only seen one and driven one in the dark so it really wasn't giving anything away on the looks front.

I agreee the front particularly can look really Brera-ish (pleased about that of course).:D

And just to expand on a point in the orginal post...Cringer / Battlecat!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts