·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Poor tires working over time :cheese:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Nice,

Why did you short shift to 4th in turn 2 and in the last corner at the beginning of the vid you stayed in 3rd but now towards the end of the vid I the last corner to down shifted to 2nd???

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
What tires you got on it?

I remember when I just got the Giulietta Alfa organized a track day.. My Pirelli's were squeeling like a pig, but next time I went around a track I had yoko's on (potholes chowed a few Pirelli's and it was much quieter both around the track and general tire roar).

Oh and what watch is that around your arm.. If you tell me its the Copard Alfa watch im gonna rob you...

Ordered one then chickened out later..

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nice video , looks like lots of fun . Normally when you do your first few laps you are in higher gears until you work out surface grip , getting your eye in , tyres getting warm and even then as you improve your gear selection changes again . Turn 2 is normally short shift four if you really get onto pit straight quickly . Table top is third as you carry momentum into the top . Even the production cars do that , then they change down once in the table top in order not upset the balance . Of course it all depends again which ratios you have and what you set up the car for .

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
ooooh so Prince Nero is actually a racer and we didn't know lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooooh so Prince Nero is actually a racer and we didn't know lol.
Guili, you are such a lag! That was actually my second lap so I was gauging grip, and trying to be as smooth as possible. Wasn't too sure on certain corners as to which gear was best suited. Always nice to try and be as smooth and fast as possible. I wish I could have had an official timing device just to see my own progress. You can learn a lot from that.

Perreby, I have the Yoki's on. Was struggling with getting the right tyre pressure. Last session, which is the one on the vid, was my better one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
From that it looked like you are doing 1:21s around there..... which is REALLY good !
Very nice and smooth, you also definitely have better grip than I got from my Dunlops..... If I took Turn one like you did I would have been off in the dirt.....
Really impressed with your car, when you came past me I thought mine was broken :D

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
From that it looked like you are doing 1:21s around there..... which is REALLY good !
Very nice and smooth, you also definitely have better grip than I got from my Dunlops..... If I took Turn one like you did I would have been off in the dirt.....
Really impressed with your car, when you came past me I thought mine was broken :D
Hmmmmm, maybe some semi's next year Eric?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliment Eric. It was actually a 1:19 according to my brothers time keeping but good judgement. :thumbs:
Your engine is still very tight. Wait till you hit the 10 000 km mark. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Oh and what watch is that around your arm.. If you tell me its the Copard Alfa watch im gonna rob you...

Ordered one then chickened out later..
You can always buy one of those genuine ones that show up now and then off ebay or one of those great swiss replica's if your not fussy about the no.made being the same.

Why did you chicken out?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Nicus when they told me the final price I chickened out :cheese:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts