Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas my Giulia has been the result of an accident.
I had someone run a red light at speed and hit me
The result is a write off and its only 10 months old
The good thing is due to the quality of the car and its safety features i was uninjured.
I will definitely be getting another Giulia as this one was so good

Nothing but praise for Alfa

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Blimey ... glad to hear that you’re okay mate. Real shame about the car, but wow what a job it did for you

Hope the idiot responsible gets what they deserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,089 Posts
I'm reminded of a picture of a Cinquecento where a side impact had sent a car through one side and out of the other. To think my wife used to drive one. How things have moved on!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
People regularly died in collisions of a similar, and less violent nature. The advances in body structure design of the past 15 years is astonishing. You can feel the strength in Giulia every time you hit a hole in the road which would rattle your teeth 15 years ago, but shrugged off by Giulia as if it was a mere ripple.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Car safety has moved on so much, 6 years ago, we t-boned a Auris in a 500 and walked away (and because NCAP move the goal posts) that's supposed to be an "unsafe" car! They were dazzled by the sun........

Really glad you're OK, you may find that you get nervous at junctions for a while.

The Car stood up really well, I bet you've been on the configurator already!

Take care, its a jungle out there!

·
Registered
424 Posts
That is a great advert for the strength of the Giulia, so glad you're OK. It reminds me of a similar story many years ago involving a Saab 9000 Turbo which was hit amidships by a train on a level crossing and pushed a quarter mile along the railway tracks before everything came to rest. The driver walked away unscathed. In those days that was exceptional, now thank goodness it's more the norm.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Alas my Giulia has been the result of an accident.
I had someone run a red light at speed and hit me
The result is a write off and its only 10 months old
The good thing is due to the quality of the car and its safety features i was uninjured.
I will definitely be getting another Giulia as this one was so good

Nothing but praise for Alfa
Pretty much like everyone else says, it's good to know you are OK and the Giulia did it's job.

Do you have cameras in your car?

What was the other persons reaction, did they accept responsibility and acknowledge they ran the light or do you have a fight on your hands?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did not speak to the driver, left it to the police. Did go over to try and speak but the passenger was getting verbally abusiveso that’s why I let police deal. I do have a dashcam which captures the lights going to red before I pulled out. Am waiting for police investigation to complete

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did not speak to the driver, left it to the police. Did go over to try and speak but the passenger was getting verbally abusiveso that’s why I let police deal. I do have a dashcam which captures the lights going to red before I pulled out. Am waiting for police investigation to complete
Ah OK, that's what having Dashcams are for at the end of the day, enough to show your viewpoint and capture key details to help the police/insurers do their job easier, came in very handy for me a couple of times, I do loads of miles so they are essential.

I doubt the passenger was paying attention to the road/lights etc. so will have assumed you pulled out on them rather than his driver ran the light.

Not had any delayed injury, head, neck, hip, back or anything?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Glad you are ok mate that could have been a lot worst and hopefully everything goes smooth for you in getting the insurance sorted out and a new car!

I had a bad accident when I was 19 , was driving home late at night and didn't see a curve/bend forming in the road by the time I felt it and tried to counter it was too late and the car flipped up and over coming down and smashing through a railings and finally stopping just before I hit a huge tree...I'll never forget the noise of it, the impact and just that moment of 'CRAP' when I was coming down and bracing myself for the worst...amazingly despite having to crawl out the offside window I had very little injuries...a bit of head trauma and a sore leg but no broken bones and serious damage...I remember sitting there when it came to a stop with smoke everywhere just checking my body parts were intact before figuring out how to get out of the car...

Design of the car took the impact I was told , wasn't an Alfa however I'll have to give Honda a shout of this one it was a Honda Del Sol 1992 , they were ahead of the curve back then by a fair bit...I owe that car.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts